Just Like Peter Townshend Sang...

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2614 posts

Re: Ansermet's Sheherazade
Aug 09, 2015, 11:34
I'm game for that. Probably best to head up a separate thread for a particular work, composer or artist/conductor/ensemble or whatever, and see what transpires from that. Bear in mind though that we'd be straying quite a long way away from the prescribed 'gnostic rock an roll' heading and some may object...
keith a
9574 posts

Re: Just Like Peter Townshend Sang...
Aug 09, 2015, 12:06
It was a really good compilation, Ian. I obviously knew the singles that were on it but this was my introduction to other Move stuff.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Aug 09, 2015, 12:32
Fitter Stoke wrote:
some may object...

Yeah.....
But i don't care.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Aug 09, 2015, 14:28
Fitter Stoke wrote:
I'm game for that. Probably best to head up a separate thread for a particular work, composer or artist/conductor/ensemble or whatever, and see what transpires from that. Bear in mind though that we'd be straying quite a long way away from the prescribed 'gnostic rock an roll' heading and some may object...

There is a lot of music passing for gnostic rock n roll that is neither gnostic nor actually rocks. Whereas 90 minutes of Bruckner will definitely take you there and back.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Re: Just Like Peter Townshend Sang...
Aug 10, 2015, 10:13
Oops. Of course. It was a long time ago. And I am getting more and more 'senior moments'.

For the record, the 'Zinc Alloy...' album, whilst having a few Bolan on autopilot/Jack Daniels tracks, did contain 'Venus Loon' - like 'Think Zinc' - another of those "where the fuck did that come from?" tracks.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index