17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 01 August 2015 CE
Aug 02, 2015, 14:13
Some new arrivals to my CD collection:

PJ Harvey - To bring you my love. My 2nd PJ album, and there will be more. A bit late to the party after getting into her around the time of Let England Shake.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads. My only other previous reference point is Push the Sky away which I probably prefer on the whole, but there are some peak moments. Hearing Stagger Lee live on the recent Nick Cave biography and on recent live recordings persuaded me that I had to own a copy. That bass line just draws me in every time.

Birthday Party - Mutiny/Bad Seed

Gnod - Infinity Machines. One of the albums of the year surely

Fridge - Eph. Pretty good. Still want to get their early years compilation too.

Elsewhere:

Marillion - Marble & Clutching at Straws. Preferred Marble which kind of reminded me of Mark Holiss material. Didn't prefer it enough to want to listen to it again though!

Thomas Newman - American Beauty & Meet Joe Black. One of the more talented soundtrack composers out there. Can't really understand why he hasn't won an academy award yet.

Roots - Phrenology, Do you want more?

Stone Roses - S/T. Still sounds great to me

Spiritualised - Ladies and Gentleman... wow this sounded even better than usual. There was some magic dust sprinkled onto this album - probably a lot of drugs! Surely their Zenith though and not just commercially
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index