White Hills - Walks for Motorists
Goat - Commune
Steve Hackett - Wolflight
Gong - Expresso II
Jethro Tull - This Was / Benefit
Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time
Beatrix Players - Words in Lemon Juice

And from the library,

Blues Pills - ST. Like this a lot. (Yet More) Retro blues/psyche rock from Sweden with a fab, female singer who sonically recalls the fab Inga Rumpf from Frumpy. The music isn't a million miles away from Frumpsville either, albeit with more modern riffage attached.

Johnny Marr - The Messenger. Solo album and nice it is too. Rockier in parts than some might expect with some great melodies as you might expect. He's a capable vocalist too, though it's weird that on the rockier stuff he sounds a bit like Ace Frehely! Strange that they're both lead guitarists gone solo of iconic (if extremely different!) four piece bands. Not heard the most recent album, but I like this.

Wilko Johnson/Roger Daltrey - Going Back Home. Musically, this is great, but it's, to my ears, hampered by Daltrey delivering more or less every song as if he's trying to squeeze out a huge, concrete turd. I know Daltrey has the rnb/mod credentials, but I wish Wilko had given Paul Rodgers or someone a call. I like it, but I wince a lot listening to it.

Have a nice week x

Unsung Forum Index