25 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 April 2015 CE
Apr 26, 2015, 19:57
(Relatively) new stuff:

Gnod - Infinity Machines: Just gets better and better with more listens. Magnificent.
Gnod - Gestalt: Lovely, live recorded drone.
Aufklarung - Zeit der Aufklarung: Mainly guitar and piano lo-fi recording in a Yorkshire church. Popul Vuh-like. Gorgeous. By coincidence it features AP Macarte also on the Gnod Gestalt cd.
Watch Repair - The Tidal Path: Mainly ambient acoustic guitar ramblings. Lovely and beautifully DIY packaged CD-R.
Inutili - Music to Watch the Clouds on a Sunny Day. Two lo-fi psych jams, recording quality on a par with Les Ralizes Denudes. Result.
The Necks - Atheneaum: Just lovely - yes there are three other live disks in the box set but can't get beyond this at the moment.

From the archives:

Pylar - Poderoso Se Alza en My. Ritual metal perhaps, trying to think of how to describe it? One of my favourite releases from a couple of years ago. Absolutely love it, but lots of weird chanting in Spanish so not sure I'd recommend it to everybody. But for fans of ritual, drone weirdness and Orthodox (this is an offshoot) it's a must. Listened to in celebration of news of the follow up and Orthodox playing in London (not seen them live yet).
Bong - Mana Yood Sushai: Again another listen at news of a new album in late May.
Julian Cope - Revolutionary Suicide. Listened to in response to the generally negative thread about his recent work. As it happened, it was the anniversary of the Armenian Genocide too. I find it interesting that the best comments I've read about this track were from an Armenian film maker. I can totally understand why people may not like Cope's recent work (a 15 minute repetitive dirge about an atrocity is not likely to be everyone's cup of tea) but to suggest somehow his heart isn't in it is absurd.

Can't think of anything else...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index