Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: Citizen Cain'd
Apr 23, 2015, 09:57
machineryelf wrote:
I saw some of the PR songs live , just Cope and a mellotron, before I heard the CD and was impressed. Somewhere in the studio they lost the magic. Not sure if there is live footage of Cromwell In Ireland on youtube, if so watch it and weep at the lost possibilities.Can't get on with the Brain Donor or Rite stuff but otherwise it's all fine IMHO In the interests of showing some critical viewpoint I could probably live without You've Got A Problem and 20 Mothers but at some point would miss them.

20 Mothers is one of my favourites.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Apr 24, 2015, 08:45
Apr 23, 2015, 13:51
The Unruly Imagination was the only release of the red n black era that really did it for me and then only for a few plays. Black Sheep came across to me like a zeitgeist-y conceptual project - the Cut The Crap era Clash busking-the-truth idea conceptually retooled for the 21st century as the voice of the occupying anti-capitalist generation. In the end it felt more of a reading list left waiting for some truly inspirational music to show up than an actual band.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Apr 23, 2015, 14:53
I for one would quite enjoy an album of a beery Julian doing Nordic drinking songs.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Apr 23, 2015, 15:42
laresident wrote:
I for one would quite enjoy an album of a beery Julian doing Nordic drinking songs.

It sounds kind of appealing, doesn't it?
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Apr 23, 2015, 16:38
Squid Tempest wrote:
laresident wrote:

It sounds kind of appealing, doesn't it?

I know its never gonna happen but im holding out for Autogedden 2 or even something along the lines of interpreter but I know hes De/volved so to speak to a much more "raw" production level. not say its all bad its just different.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Apr 23, 2015, 16:44
Squid Tempest wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
I saw some of the PR songs live , just Cope and a mellotron, before I heard the CD and was impressed. Somewhere in the studio they lost the magic. Not sure if there is live footage of Cromwell In Ireland on youtube, if so watch it and weep at the lost possibilities.Can't get on with the Brain Donor or Rite stuff but otherwise it's all fine IMHO In the interests of showing some critical viewpoint I could probably live without You've Got A Problem and 20 Mothers but at some point would miss them.

yes, but you also like Gong and are therefore a bit strange ;-)
machineryelf
3681 posts

Apr 23, 2015, 16:50
He was in dire need of some good editing in the Black & Red Era,if it had been the old days he could have put out a great LP and some amazing B-sides instead it's all a bit of a sprawling mass
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 23, 2015, 17:22
Don't think you're on your own there, I've certainly not been blown away by anything from recent years, but I still buy in the hope of it happening. There's still a good few songs there but can't see them attracting anyone new into the fold.

Totally agree with the band era, something I really miss from his recent output, especially a drummer!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 23, 2015, 17:23
I'd say Crucial 3
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Apr 23, 2015, 21:12
machineryelf wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
machineryelf wrote:

yes, but you also like Gong and are therefore a bit strange ;-)

Can't argue with that!
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index