24 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jan 25, 2015, 17:01
Re: Aguirre on telly
Jan 25, 2015, 16:57
You'll be starting in the right place. Such an eerie, eldritch pic. I have sort of ruined it just a teensy, weensy bit by watching My Best Fiend, Herzog's doc about his relationship with Kinski. Now every time I watch the opening shot of the troupe of Spanish conquistadors and their skivvies marching down the foggy hillside, for example, I keep on flashing back to Kinski throwing a hissy fit over the fact that there's no close-up on his face.

I saw a short 8 min film recently by an '80s horror director about what a nightmare it was having to work with Kinski. It's called Please Kill Mr Kinski (watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWqRgweZ3SA). The ending is extremely sweet and poignant, though. He really had an animal magnetism like no other actor. You watch all these actors churned out of RADA, or some shiny Hollywood starbot factory, and not a one of them draw your eyes towards them the way Kinski could. He was a raging narcissistic rapist psychopath, but the dude could light up the screen like no other.

Unsung Forum Index