Aguirre on telly

24 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Aguirre on telly
Jan 25, 2015, 05:36
Just watched it. First couple of eps seem a bit flat compared to previous seasons, but that cameo was something else! I don't think anyone else on the planet, save maybe the late Kinski, could have uttered the word "Disneyworld" with quite that level of ire and malice. I remember being surprised to see Herzog acting in Julien Donkey Boy, in spite of the fact that Korine is, comparatively, a relatively kindred spirit, but the dude was the villain in a Tom Cruise blockbuster, for Crom's sake! I should give the commentaries to my old Herzy boxsets another play. I remember them being almost as good as the movies themselves. His diary about his afternoon stroll from Munich to Paris to visit the extremely important German film critic Lotte Eisner on her sickbed, Of Walking In Ice, is arguably my favourite Herzog product. It seems to be the purest exemplar of his personality yet. Copies go for 100s of dollars, but I think you can read it all on scribd: http://www.scribd.com/doc/243361073/Werner-Herzog-Of-Walking-in-Ice-Munich-Paris-23-November-14-December-1974#scribd

Unsung Forum Index