Bespoke music - suits you...

24 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Re: MD loops
Oct 23, 2014, 21:38
I'm genuinely surprised that more peeps don't do it. It only really takes an ear for a good loop point, but even that isn't so important, as those happy accidents can be wonderful.

Started myself, as I couldn't afford a decent laptop to create electronic music, and it seemed a cheap way of getting involved.

Not sure what the copyright implications are in terms of use of other peeps music (tho with a keyboard and FX unt it's esy to make your own). 9 times out of 10, the stuff is unrecognisable from the original anyhow.
My missus says anything up to 17 seconds is copyright free, though don't quote me on that.

My set up was (is I suppose) 2X Sony portable MD's, 2 x Sharp (better recording through inputs I feel), coupla old Aiwa auto reverse walkman's, coupla cheap multi FX units picked. Cheapo Mapin analogue delay, Maplin mixer, external mic (like yourself for sampling environmental noises and sounds I create). In recent years, a Korg Monoton Delay and a Nintendo DS running DS10 software (Basicaly a cheap Korg MS10 emultor...has a kaos pad inclued which is great fun). Do have an Roland SH101, but it really needs a service, and half the keyboard and ADSR needs replacing.

Sadly, never really recorded anything though, as all I had was my old hissy tape to do that. Was fun at the time though.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index