Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Edited Oct 23, 2014, 11:29
Re: Bespoke music - suits you...
Oct 23, 2014, 11:27
Cool Idea.

Once played the intro to the Stooges 'Loose' for an hour or more. That put me in a strange place. Ditto the guitar loop from HAST.Co track 'Kinetic', which is a gorgeous but simple refain that lends itself to looping wonderfully.

Used to do something similar with my minidiscs recorders. In 'edit' mode, you could 'loop' a particular section ad infinitum, and if you had two or more MD recorders through a mixer and FX box, you could make whole new and interesting tracks from a variety of differing records/mediums.
Plus, there was also a very useful tool in the 'edit' section where you could re-organise a whole song by moving 'samples/parts' of a recording to other sections in the same song in random order to make some proper head fuckery.

Always thought MD's were an unused 'musical' tool in that respect. Still got all my MD's that I picked up cheap on eBay when everyone went ape for the ipod or whatever MP3 player was cool at the time. With enough time and effort, I guess you could build up a small orchestra of MD' playing loops and samples and FX through a bg enough mixer. And the beauty is, you don't have to be a musician at all, more of a happenstance composer.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index