No U2 album for me

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Re: No U2 album for me
Sep 17, 2014, 21:55
I don't get the big deal here, maybe they are more hated in the U.K. I don't know. Personally I don't care for them but again that goes for a lot of big name rock star types.The whole download thing I don't get at all if you cant live with the free down load taking up a whole 2k or whatever on your mp3 player or hard drive then find another service that doesn't force free content on you and move on. I mean is it really worth all the huffing and puffing? its freaking U2 not the freaking Cops banging on your door.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Sep 17, 2014, 22:07
Sep 17, 2014, 22:07
Personally, I'm more concerned with the off-shore accounts with enough money to solve world poverty; the Chinese sweat shops with mandatory military-style morning exercises to get their employees hearty and hale for fifteen hour shifts; the suicide nets extending from the walls of the aforementioned factories; the lobbying to disband Chinese labour unions to increase their margins; the child workers...

It's the idea of this setting a precedent that scares some people. Itunes' music sales have plummeted, so the notion of them routinely forcing the latest radio friendly unit shifters onto your harddrive, unless you actively make an effort to rid yourself of them, is a bit worrying. All they had to do was ask...
hallgeraet
hallgeraet
96 posts

Sep 17, 2014, 22:34
u2 is crap except from the ca 30 seconds intro to "with or without you" before this bono guy opens his mouth and ruins the whole thing. fine motorik magic, thanks to eno.
u2 today is spam and should be treated as such.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Sep 18, 2014, 01:28
I use CopyTrans on my computer to put mp3s on my iphone. Works very well once you get it to recognize the phone. And the bit that moves the songs is free. Should work with an iPod.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Sep 18, 2014, 01:33
My sentiments also. Try the CopyTrans to move songs in their original folders.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Sep 18, 2014, 01:45
Sin Agog wrote:
Personally, I'm more concerned with the off-shore accounts with enough money to solve world poverty; the Chinese sweat shops with mandatory military-style morning exercises to get their employees hearty and hale for fifteen hour shifts; the suicide nets extending from the walls of the aforementioned factories; the lobbying to disband Chinese labour unions to increase their margins; the child workers...

It's the idea of this setting a precedent that scares some people. Itunes' music sales have plummeted, so the notion of them routinely forcing the latest radio friendly unit shifters onto your harddrive, unless you actively make an effort to rid yourself of them, is a bit worrying. All they had to do was ask...

So off topic but why are sales of music falling so fast? Was Rock n roll really the fad it was purported to be in the 1950's?, or is it the lack of fresh ideas and god awful female rappers who all claim to be the baldest bitch the cause? I know my purchasing power has been diverted to other interests the past odd 5 years but im not the target demographic for new music anymore.What gives?
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Sep 18, 2014, 09:35
Sep 18, 2014, 09:33
I didn't realise hairlessness was a bragging issha in the rap community... ;)

Rock's got a shelf-life like anything else. It's morphed into a bunch of other things. There's room for other music. You don't want to be like one of those indie dewds who thinks that all music is Indie + a Hyphen + Random Word. Just look at what there is now and embrace that, or yeah, get into origami. Music isn't everything. Though each country out there tends to have their slightly unique aesthetic and perspective on this music lark, so maybe do a bit of digging into something abroad if the U.S. and England are disappointing you.

ETA: By the way, obviously the reason why the sales have gone down isn't because of the quality of the music itself, so much as everyone and their mother being aware of alternative methods of getting that music.
ars moriendi
ars moriendi
433 posts

Sep 18, 2014, 10:56
you can have my copy, I made the mistake of listening to a few seconds of a track and had to go and have a lie down
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index