Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band

35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band
Mar 29, 2014, 22:38
I definitely know less about Power Electronics/Violence than I let on, so maybe I shouldn't have tried to sound so much like that know-it-all talking paperclip that used to give you helpful tips and facts of the day on Microsoft Word. There's something to be said for going that far away from '50s Leave It To Beaver culture in the name of art, most definitely. And aesthetically, it's a lot like early S.P.K. records and things like that, right? I do think the "immerse yourself in nothing but horrible, grizzly, ugly shit" thing is something a lot of young men go through- watching all-night marathons of Romper Stomper, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer and the oeuvre of Nick Love just so they can convince their anomic teenage selves that they can still feel something, anything. I guess it's a matter of looking into the individual acts' bios? From the few Power Electronics records I heard, it did feel a bit like being chained to a klansman's radiator in their dark basement, but if that's the dark vibe they were going for, and they're not really actual fans of serial killers and racists, then cool beans.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index