Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 September 2013 CE
Sep 15, 2013, 19:47
couple more things I forgot to add

Richard Harris Macarthur Park
This is a budget label compilation of A Tramp Shining followed by RTHe Yard Went On Forever. i.e. the 2 lps Harris cut with Jimmy Webb in 1968. I've always loved his version of Macarthur Park which I think was pretty much the original. Like him as an actor too, & was hoping I'd find my copy of this after reading Robert Sellers' Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down which recounts Harris's 60s experience among about 5 other British actors of his generation.
Found it in a pile of cds somewhere so was listening to this quite heavily last week.

Birthday party The Peel Sessions cd
Great overview of the band from the time of Prayers On Fire to The Bad Seed with great takes on a number of songs also recorded on lps, eps and singles elsewhere as well as a few tracks that are only available elsewhere in live or unmixed form. I love Bully Bones which is here as are both Pleasure Heads and Pleasure Avalanche.
I still haven;t heard about any new releases by the band beyond a reissue of Junkyard and the live 81/82 set which both came as vinyl with a free cd of the same recording. I thought the band had regained the rights to their material so might be reissuing everything in definitive form.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index