26 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 27 January 2013 CE
Jan 27, 2013, 23:13
The Holydrug Couple - Noctuary
If you dug the last Psychic Ills LP this will probably float your boat big time. Also on Sacred Bones records and, like 'Da Ills', it taking it's cues massively from Spacemen 3, the track 'Out Of Sight' is a sublime slab of Sonic boom style guitar chillage. Loving this big time.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - II
6 Music have been playing the single 'Swim and Sleep (Like A Shark) for weeks and it's slowly got under my skin. Album is OK, only heard it once, but like what I Hear so far.

Foxygen - We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic
Bit of a gobful title, but a great little rock n roll album on Jagjagwar, part Stones, Part Primal Scream part...?whoever, has a great laid back/gospel/glitter vibe. Love it.

Follakzoid II
Loved these meso american transters their first EP on Sacred Bones and the new one is just as good. Gonna be spinning this for some time.

Can - Lost Tapes
Been loving this again this week, some real gems on this, esp the live tracks.

Arbouretum - Coming Out of The Fog
Only caught a few tracks so farm but like what I'm hearing so far. Loved the last album 'The Gathering', hope this shapes up to be as good!

Eels - Wonderful Glorious
This is ace, but hell, I'm prejudice as I've loved the Eels since the first single Novocaine for the soul, so whaddainkow?.

Ex Cult - Ex Cult
M.P.D. is a fabbo single and could have been made any time in the last 30 odd years I'm sure, but I love that kinda NYC take on punk rock (even though they are from Memphis). Could have been sung by Johannson or anyone of the same ilk really, luuurve it.

Majeure - Solar Maximum
Great ambient house, minimal tech vibe to this release. You've heard it all before, but this guy does it sooo well, it rises above the rest of the gack out there.

Anyhoo, have a great week.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index