Unsung Forum »
Albums that deserve a second chance

118 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tk421
121 posts

Re: Albums that deserve a second chance
Jan 26, 2013, 20:58
Good call - Reverberation is a fine album as are the two singles released after it, Prove Me Wrong & Inside Me Inside You.

The difference between them to me is the sound. It's hard to explain but the singles are quite raw and garagey sounding while Reverberation has a more polished and produced sound. Still a good sound though.

Another album that deserves a second chance is Fireproof by That Petrol Emotion. Released a few years after John O'Neill left and after the alternative pop of Chemicrazy. This is a straight out, blistering, and hugely enjoyable rock album.

It always reminds me that I should never pay attention to end of year polls. From memory this got 9/10 in the NME when it was released but their time had passed and it promptly bombed. It never appeared in the end of year poll while Suede's debut (which I like) was given a bad review, then was successful and was made album of the year...

Them's the breaks.

Anyway they reformed to play a few gigs a few years and were still great. This is a little of them in London at the time with a similar sound to Fireproof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8ljQbxme0
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index