Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
"new" Klaus Dinger finally coming out?

18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

Re: "new" Klaus Dinger finally coming out?
Jan 15, 2013, 21:34
I agree, "Bluepoint Underground" is close to crap, as are "Die with Dignity" and "Rembrandt: God Strikes Back." Actually, these three albums are "La! NEU?" in name only - Dinger only produced these (not sure about Die With Dignity, as I only got that one off Soulseek) but does not play on them at all.

I really like the other La! NEU? stuff a lot, although I do think the studio albums, as they are, are sequenced poorly. Back when I was in college and had a lot of free time on my hands I arranged mixes of these albums, taking tracks from different ones, to make what I thought were stellar CD-R's. I still listen to these mixes, and consider them to be worthy additions to Dinger's canon. Its unfortunate that most of Dinger's 90s work seems to be automatically written off.

Back in the late 90s I wrote three letters to Dinger, the first of which he put up on his old website. (I was listed as "a fan from Ohio") Basically, I just told him how much I loved La! NEU?, which was my favorite band of the late 90s. He responded to me twice - the first note was basically "Be sure to buy my new album!" (Vol. 1 of Live in Tokyo) and the second time he encouraged me to run for president of the US! (I guess because I told him I liked his sentiment on "America"?) He never responded to the third letter...

Weaker than La! NEU? but better than Bluepoint / Die With Dignity / Rembrandt are the five 1-A Dusseldorf albums, the first four of which feature Thomas Dinger. Thomas Dinger's solo album, "Fur Mich" is also worth checking out, especially if you like the 80s feel of Neondian.

Unsung Forum Index