Unsung Forum »
"new" Klaus Dinger finally coming out?

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

"new" Klaus Dinger finally coming out?
Jan 10, 2013, 23:06
It seems that the last album Dinger was working on, "Japandorf", is scheduled to come out on Gronland in late March, which would be five years after his death.
There is a short promotional film about Dinger here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nSRjQJ2fdk

In the book Miki Yui mentions, which I have, it states that there are three albums' worth of Japandorf materials recorded. Don't know if all of them or coming out at once, or bit by bit. Anyways, let's hope it was worth the wait.
Cha Cha 2013
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: "new" Klaus Dinger finally coming out?
Jan 11, 2013, 12:40
Very interesting clip - thanks for the heads-up.
Hexham Wolf
Hexham Wolf
341 posts

Jan 11, 2013, 12:44
Was that was the book that was reviewed in the Wire which had loads of his artwrok in?

Slightly mixed review but I do recall there was a picture of a slashed vinyl copy of Neu4! which it seemed to suggest had been sent to Dinger by Cope.

Obviously a long distance and tetchy relationship. Seem to remember Cope saying something about Dinger getting pissed off with him after he wore a Neu! t-shirt on top of the pops and saying he owed him money. Cope sent him a reply saying 'Dinger you ist ein Donger' or some such. Made me chuckle.

If I'm not talking at cross purposes the book looked great I thought.

Never got on with the La!Neu! stuff but would be interested to hear anything that comes out.
Hexham Wolf
Hexham Wolf
341 posts

Jan 11, 2013, 12:45
Meant to add I can't look at youtube at the moment but will, thanks!
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Jan 11, 2013, 13:39
Hexham Wolf wrote:
'Dinger you ist ein Donger' or some such. Made me chuckle.

Very good. Made me laugh too!
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Jan 11, 2013, 14:39
Jan 11, 2013, 14:38
Yeah, that's the same book. I'd also have to give it a mixed review. It's basically a collection of pictures (most never before published) with some interviews (also new) throughout. The photographs are often quite striking and the interviews do fill in some of the gaps in Dinger's life (especially when it comes to the bitter breakup of La Dusseldorf). But as a whole, I felt it was more style than substance. It's arranged to replicate Dinger's minimal style, I guess, which means that many times there is just one photo per page. Despite being 96 pages in all, the book feels kinda slight. Especially for its price (50 Euros, I think, is what I paid for it).
MC
638 posts

Jan 12, 2013, 10:29
Have you tried the La!Neu? Dusseldorf album? I think it's genius, not so enamoured with the rest of them though.
Hexham Wolf
Hexham Wolf
341 posts

Jan 12, 2013, 21:43
I haven't may have to give it a go!
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1709 posts

Jan 13, 2013, 15:39
It's coming out- I got sent a promo just before Christmas. It's the last of the three albums that he was working on, I don't know what's happening with the other two.

I only know the classic Neu! and La Dusseldorf albums, so I can't compare it with Dinger's other work, but I like it. It has a true La Dusseldorf feel to it, energetic and playful. Some tracks still feel quite unfinished and demo-like, but thankfully no noodling ambient experiments; if anything it veers towards instrumental pub rock in places!
MC
638 posts

Jan 14, 2013, 23:09
Anyone got the La!Neu? Live in Tokyo vol.2 CD - what's it like? Think I need some new Dinger in my life.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index