Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
"new" Klaus Dinger finally coming out?

18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: "new" Klaus Dinger finally coming out?
Jan 15, 2013, 16:47
I have both the "Live in Tokyo" CDs too, and I'd agree that Vol.1 is clearly the superior. Apart from that, the only post-La Dusseldorf stuff I have is "Neondian" (which I like a lot) and "Bluepoint Underground" (which I'm not so keen on). Was yours the fan letter that he replied to when you asked him what he'd been up to since the 80s?

I also have both "Neu! 4" and "Neu! 86", and in my opinion, somewhere betwen those two releases lies a potentially good album, if not on a par with the 70s releases. Dinger's 1996 version is too chaotic and thoughtlessly sequenced (as you pointed out in your review on here), whilst the new version - although shorter and more coherent - misses out the Harmonia-like "Bush Drum" (which I'd have included) and is also a tad over-produced in places (alhtough it does contain "Drive (Grundfunken)" which was inexplicably left off the original.

Still, if you have both you can always make your own composite CD-R like hardcore Beach Boy fans have been doing for years with "Smile".

Unsung Forum Index