Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 November 2012 CE

54 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 November 2012 CE
Nov 19, 2012, 15:08
Fairport Convention - Full House - if i was only allowed one Fairport LP it would be this. Interplay between Swarb and Thompson is amazing, reminds me of Verlaine and Lloyd circa Marquee Moon at times ( see below ). Lyrically superb too.

Fairport Convention - House Full - Great live record. Reckon Tom Verlaine must have seen them on this tour ( in the front row and taking notes ). The astonishing version of Sloth is frighteningly similar to TV's Little Johnny Jewel.

Bo Ningen - Line The Wall - Heard them on R6 and was impressed. Saw the thread on here and decided to take the plunge ( Keith A's live report clinched it ). Glad i did, it's bloomin' excellent.

John Spencer Blues Explosion - Meat and Bone - Dirty, scuzzy, primal, frantic and less structured than their last couple of studio releases. Best thing they've released since the 90's IMO.

Pontiacs - Bursting - Prime psych with a capital P. Stylistically varied too, influences ranging from mid 60's US Nuggets, the Stooges, through early 80's Aussie indie (excellent vocalist kinda puts me in mind of Rob Younger ), some early Spacemen 3, and a chunk of Asteroid Number 4. These are all very good things !

Big respect to Cardinal Fuzz for getting this out there, On which, the limited Heads vinyl and Black Gnod CDR's are now up for pre-ordering, woohoo, can't wait !!!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index