Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 November 2012 CE

54 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9574 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 November 2012 CE
Nov 19, 2012, 00:23
Photos Of Photos – Carlton Melton
It’s late summer, 1969. The sun is about to set for the final time that year and dreams of peace and love are set to disappear into the ether. Glam and glitter may be on the horizon, but no-one knows this yet. All we can see ahead of us are dark, heavy times. What am I blathering on about? Well that’s what the fine opening track, Nor-easter, sounds like to me. The rest of the album hasn’t hit home in the same way as yet – maybe I was expecting more in the beat dept.

Get Happy – Elvis Costello & the Attractions
Not as much fun as I remembered. I mean that in a literal, party sense rather than a critical one. Riot Act is one of my fave Costello songs.

Circles – Moon Duo
Enjoying this. And really enjoyed them when I saw them live this week, too.

S/T - Television
It’s taken a while (somewhere in the region of 20 years!), but I've finally started to love this album. I always LIKED it but it’s *much* better than I thought.

Plus...
White Line Fever 12” – Blurt
Company / Black Fountain 7” & downloads – Carlton Melton / Mugstar
Two Tribes 12” – Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Clint Eastwood (CDS) – Gorillaz
Blood Pressures – The Kills
Seattle 2012 - Low
Beers Steers & Queers 12” – Revolting Cocks
Uncut: Funk Soul Brothers – V/A
Mojo: Let's Move - A Heavy Blues Collection – V/A

And last, but not least, the final Perfumed Garden show which - at a rough guess - must be the equivalent of about 8 albums. Some great stuff on there, but that time spent listening (sort of!) to him reading Winnie The Pooh stories are minutes I'm never gonna get back!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index