Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 25, 2012, 12:31
Re: LZ - Celebration Day
Oct 25, 2012, 11:03
Valve wrote:
What Ian said about how it compares favourably with 75 chimed with me cos I seem to remember saying that at the time, and also remember Misty Mountain Hop being magnificent. See below for my admittedly slightly breathless review - I was excited!

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/unsung/topic/44956/threaded/564565/

Unfortunately my predicton that we hadn't seen the last now appears to wide of he mark.

I missed your review at the time but it is spot-on. Seems you were as thrilled by the event as I was by the movie and vice versa. Funny how they didn't bother to fix the funny mix that you describe in the opening songs. For ten minutes or so it is all pillowy and then suddenly it roars into three dimensional life. Last few years I have had enjoyed more than a fair few great nights of living breathing classical rock n roll courtesy of the Black Crowes but this takes the total biscuit. Shame they couldn't have had The Who's (or Muse's) slot at the Olympics. Mick and Keith should be shitting themselves because I would lay good money than their O2 shows will be pants by comparison.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index