LZ - Celebration Day

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
toasted-whippet
toasted-whippet
86 posts

Re: LZ - Celebration Day
Oct 24, 2012, 18:00
yes, definitely to be seen in a cinema, don't wait for the dvd. And its worth travelling a bit for a decent cinema. Went to new one in Westfield Shepherds Bush and although it cost a bit more it was well worth it for sound quality, big screen and comfy seats.

I can't be the only person who felt so involved I had a hard time not clapping after each song (not cool in a cinema)
Davey_B
Davey_B
408 posts

Oct 24, 2012, 21:35
toasted-whippet wrote:
yes, definitely to be seen in a cinema, don't wait for the dvd. And its worth travelling a bit for a decent cinema. Went to new one in Westfield Shepherds Bush and although it cost a bit more it was well worth it for sound quality, big screen and comfy seats.

I can't be the only person who felt so involved I had a hard time not clapping after each song (not cool in a cinema)

It exceeded my expectations enormously I loved every single minute of it. The highlight for me was Since I've Been Loving You and a blistering version of the Song Remains the Same. Page was on the best form he could have been.

Plenty of clapping and cheering was going on in the cinema in Brighton. Could have been louder though....
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

Oct 25, 2012, 10:12
Ha yeah, people were clapping after each song at the screening I went to :-)
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Oct 25, 2012, 10:35
What Ian said about how it compares favourably with 75 chimed with me cos I seem to remember saying that at the time, and also remember Misty Mountain Hop being magnificent. See below for my admittedly slightly breathless review - I was excited!

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/unsung/topic/44956/threaded/564565/

Unfortunately my predicton that we hadn't seen the last now appears to wide of he mark.
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Oct 25, 2012, 10:54
YOU WERE THERE!??! Blimey, you lucky sod.

I think I've mised my chance to catch this at a cinema, now. It must've been shown while I was out of the area.Bugger.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 25, 2012, 12:31
Oct 25, 2012, 11:03
Valve wrote:
What Ian said about how it compares favourably with 75 chimed with me cos I seem to remember saying that at the time, and also remember Misty Mountain Hop being magnificent. See below for my admittedly slightly breathless review - I was excited!

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/unsung/topic/44956/threaded/564565/

Unfortunately my predicton that we hadn't seen the last now appears to wide of he mark.

I missed your review at the time but it is spot-on. Seems you were as thrilled by the event as I was by the movie and vice versa. Funny how they didn't bother to fix the funny mix that you describe in the opening songs. For ten minutes or so it is all pillowy and then suddenly it roars into three dimensional life. Last few years I have had enjoyed more than a fair few great nights of living breathing classical rock n roll courtesy of the Black Crowes but this takes the total biscuit. Shame they couldn't have had The Who's (or Muse's) slot at the Olympics. Mick and Keith should be shitting themselves because I would lay good money than their O2 shows will be pants by comparison.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Oct 25, 2012, 11:05
meurglys III wrote:
Ha yeah, people were clapping after each song at the screening I went to :-)

Same here. Could have done without some of the yelp-along-with-Planty and the person thumping the seat in front of them (mine!) out of time. Just like a real gig but without a load of ***** with their phones out.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Oct 25, 2012, 11:09
Valve wrote:

Ooooooooooh yeah!

Great stuff. Jealous.

Tour, you mystical bastardos, Tour!
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Edited Oct 25, 2012, 11:26
Oct 25, 2012, 11:25
Sadly, I don't think that'll happen again.

I had heard some mumblings from a reliable source that there were plans to turn up, with little publicity at small venues and pubs, and do occasional sets, just for the fun of it. But, that was immediately after the O2 show. Sadly, that hasn't happened. Plant's moved on into a different musical stratosphere, since. I don't think his voice can handle big Zeppelin sets, anymore. Some of the songs performed in that 2009 set had to be downtuned and rearranged to accommodate him.

This is all we have, now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=VbusDxLekPQ
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Edited Oct 25, 2012, 11:37
Oct 25, 2012, 11:36
Kid Calamity wrote:
Sadly, I don't think that'll happen again.

I had heard some mumblings from a reliable source that there were plans to turn up, with little publicity at small venues and pubs, and do occasional sets, just for the fun of it. But, that was immediately after the O2 show. Sadly, that hasn't happened. Plant's moved on into a different musical stratosphere, since. I don't think his voice can handle big Zeppelin sets, anymore. Some of the songs performed in that 2009 set had to be downtuned and rearranged to accommodate him.

This is all we have, now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=VbusDxLekPQ

Re any chance of a tour, aye, I know, I know.. I was just wishing out loud. And hoplessly so.

Downtuned? I think you mean played in a different key?!
Otherwise we'd have had the Sunn version of most of the tracks. Ramble On with the guitar in D Flat!

Only ever saw the Page & Plant No Quarter gig at Wembley Arena. They opened with "Wanton Song". Bloody great.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index