Unsung Forum »
LZ - Celebration Day

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Re: LZ - Celebration Day
Oct 25, 2012, 18:05
Yeah. That Albert Hall set caught a special bunch of guys at a good point in their musical development. A lovely time capsule. I wonder how they feel about that archive stuff, now? Young, fearless and with a bit of arrogant swagger whilst bouncing grooves and riffs off each other, but so very long ago.

That set was a lot more fun than the rather rehearsed sounding affairs at Earls Court Knebworth in the same DVD collection.

It seems the O2 will show a final return to the loose and relaxed vibe of that earlier recording.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Oct 25, 2012, 18:05
Ooh!
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Oct 25, 2012, 19:50
Moon Cat wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:

I saw Zeppelin's second Knebworth show in 1979, btw.

Ooh, you lucky bugger!

I don't know whether it was 1 or 2 but the footage of Achillies last stand is so good. Everything hanging together by the thinnest of threads and page looking like hes been stood under a shower for 15 minutes.

Yeah, Page looks like his guitar weighs 20 tons in the Knebworth footage and probably sweated out enough heroin to turn any passing insects into extras from Trainspotting.

I love the Albert Hall footage too - a really minimal set up - 4 blokes and some lights -and just a powerhouse, spellbinding delivery that makes you realise why people thought they were chanelling other-worldly forces.

Ha!

Aye, the Albert Hall stuff is great isn't it. As far as I'm concerned they do channel something otherworldly. Theres a certain feeling... cant describe it. The question is - Did they really make a pact with himself downstairs? ;) (or just Ur Indoors?)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Oct 26, 2012, 16:42
I did read somewhere that Robert Plant shed a few tears looking at the vintage footage and remembering the early 'golden god' days and thinking how that magic (and youth) would never happen again.
As happy as he seems doing his thing today, it must be emotive seeing yourself as a priapic, 21 year old rock-god back in the day.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Oct 26, 2012, 17:12
Yup. It happens to me all the time. If only we could see our future selves, eh? As a lean, mean and not very clean twenty one year old, with an amazing futurescope I'd have marveled at how I was destined to actually buck the trend and grow better with the years!
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Oct 26, 2012, 17:12
...possibly.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Oct 26, 2012, 17:13
Kid Calamity wrote:
Yup. It happens to me all the time. If only we could see our future selves, eh? As a lean, mean and not very clean twenty one year old, with an amazing futurescope I'd have marveled at how I was destined to actually buck the trend and grow better with the years!

I'd get a refund on that futurescope.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Oct 26, 2012, 17:17
I can't now. The guarantee's only valid until 2022.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Oct 26, 2012, 17:25
Tell them you can't see any future in it.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Oct 26, 2012, 17:46
I bought it in 2322.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index