bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: Woden
Sep 26, 2012, 20:48
MARTASE wrote:
bladup wrote:
MARTASE wrote:
Mine's just arrived! Ahhhhh... Now to find that right moment to play... Not gonna rush it...

As an aside I notice on the cover the silhouette of a figure hanging from the tree.. by the neck! Odin? Surely not! 9 days hanging ON the tree maybe... Is there a mythical reference I'm missing? Is this artistic license? or just misconception? Seems a bit crass.

Perhaps a case of Revolutionary Suicide.

Yes that's woden/odin hanging on that there tree, get your moment right and get ready to go deep.

Being ready is right! Despite my resolve to not rush it I stuck in on in the car as I drove over the Mendip hills a few hours ago. Fool me. Woden ain't for a casual listen it would seem and the first 15 mins are about as accessible as Dartmoor in heels. Wow an enforced Journey to the Centre of a Burning Earth more like- deepest darkest earth energies abound and threaten to tear your soul apart. Would it ever end? A transformative transcending trip but not for no faint hearts! Did I need that? I tell you the effect on perceptions of landscape/skyscape were profound. Had to stop the car and just feel the desolate magnificence of all: me- the world. Then, just as acceptance began to dawn that this trip was a one-way ticket to Hell the bloody thing resolves! and as Bladup felt too the reward for that hellish journey is the serenest Spell of Bliss... Great Stuff!

It definitely takes you dowwwwwwn and then you realise that down can be beautiful, as in norse mythlogy hel is really a beautiful pagan goddess as well as place, it's a true pagan record as in it takes you dowwwwwwn and then beauty, if the first shitty christian music was to take you up to their "heaven", this is the opposite of that and like you said this takes you down to hell, it's just that when you get there you realise the person/thing or place is beautiful.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index