Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MARTASE
MARTASE
603 posts

Re: Woden
Sep 26, 2012, 18:45
bladup wrote:
MARTASE wrote:
Mine's just arrived! Ahhhhh... Now to find that right moment to play... Not gonna rush it...

As an aside I notice on the cover the silhouette of a figure hanging from the tree.. by the neck! Odin? Surely not! 9 days hanging ON the tree maybe... Is there a mythical reference I'm missing? Is this artistic license? or just misconception? Seems a bit crass.

Perhaps a case of Revolutionary Suicide.

Yes that's woden/odin hanging on that there tree, get your moment right and get ready to go deep.

Being ready is right! Despite my resolve to not rush it I stuck in on in the car as I drove over the Mendip hills a few hours ago. Fool me. Woden ain't for a casual listen it would seem and the first 15 mins are about as accessible as Dartmoor in heels. Wow an enforced Journey to the Centre of a Burning Earth more like- deepest darkest earth energies abound and threaten to tear your soul apart. Would it ever end? A transformative transcending trip but not for no faint hearts! Did I need that? I tell you the effect on perceptions of landscape/skyscape were profound. Had to stop the car and just feel the desolate magnificence of all: me- the world. Then, just as acceptance began to dawn that this trip was a one-way ticket to Hell the bloody thing resolves! and as Bladup felt too the reward for that hellish journey is the serenest Spell of Bliss... Great Stuff!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index