19 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Aug 27, 2012, 15:32
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 26 August 2012 CE
Aug 27, 2012, 15:29
Thats a great film, its sparked a lot of different things in me. I wish the FVU did their touring programmes again, we need those back. There are now enough independent screening venues again to make them worthwhile.

Thanks for the comments on 'The Film will not finish'. Very glad you like it. Funny you should mention that MR James as footage of bleak Norfolk beaches were a recurring theme when I was doing my Masters (I was at the Norwich Uni College of the Arts after all). Both Emily Richardsons film 'Cobra Mist' and some work of another post grad kept on sticking in my head.

No its not a mellotron. Its actually a short blues guitar loop (Robert Pete Williams) going through a (probably too) long signal path (dual pitch shifters, multi band reverbs, some repeating syncopation sections etc), and I'm tweaking 8 of the key parameters in the path as the loop plays out. All the tracks were composed by jamming them out live in Ableton, then I did the mixing/mastering in Sonar. The same way I've been writing everything recently.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index