19 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 26 August 2012 CE
Aug 26, 2012, 23:57
Aphex Twin - Ambient bits.

Basil Kirchin - Abstractions Of The Industrial North. Listening to this for a long time and it just keeps giving. Floaty, pastoral feel to it. The Observer in particular has lodged in my head.

Gravy Train - s/t, Ballad of a Peaceful Man. Love this band, well these two albums anyway. Enough invention to carry you through the inevitable by-the-numbers-70's-blues-chugging. Never bothered with the later albums, always assumed that a third tier proggy rock band would probably have exhausted themselves with two decent albums. Any others worth checking out?

The Fatima Mansions - Lost In The Former West. Such a vicious album. And he had a crystal ball.

Guapo - Five Suns.

I Teoremi - I Teoremi

Lesiman - The Future Sounds of Lesiman.

Levitation - Need For Not.

Magic Lantern - s/t.

Motorpsycho - Heavy Metal Fruit.

November - 6:e. Great album. Swedish power trio, 1972. Their best album. Genuinely good, not just obscurish.

Peter Baumann - Trans Harmonic Nights. Must do something about my laziness. Always assumed Romance 76 was a one off. No. This is very good. As everyone else probably knew.

The Rose of Avalanche - Always There. I know finding the right band name is always a struggle but come on. How long did they really try before settling on that? Too Many Castles In The Sky is a great song still.

Six Organs of Admittance - Sun Awakens, School of the Flower.

Storm Corrosion - s/t. This was a surprise. Might have to give Heritage another go.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index