Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 26 August 2012 CE

19 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 26 August 2012 CE
Aug 27, 2012, 11:23
Om – Adviatic Songs like everyone else seems to be , really enjoying this, keep hearing shades of Deep Purple & Joy Division in this, is it just me?

Locrian & Mamiffer –Bless Them That Curse You surprisingly delicate , much more piano & drone than I expected, really liking it though
Asva – What you Don’t Know Is Frontier, Futurists Against The Ocean this is what I expected the Locrian/Mamiffer to sound like, if you want something slightly off the wellworn heavy path these come highly recommended

Faust – Is Last given the age/convoluted career path of Faust that they still make music is good going, that it’s as good as this is astounding, really must update on their output as they have probably made numerous releases since this one

Neil Young/Bruce Springsteen various live stuff, lots of this being listened to recently

Sleep – Dopesmoker probably wouldn’t have bothered with this Southernlord reissue but my old copy was ruined when I dropped it [Cds may still play when covered in jam but they don’t take well to being dropped from a height I have discovered] the remaster is astounding, not sure if it’s me but this really does sound better, and is still the ultimate stoner rock artefact IMHO

Love – s/t & Da Capo amazing how some records drop below your horizon, then hearing again you’re gobsmacked at their class, if for any reason you haven’t heard these you’re really missing out

Klaus Schulze – La Vie Electronique 5, it may be technically possible to have too much Schulze , but I’m not there yet, up to vol 10 in this series and not a duff track yet but particularly enjoyed V5 this week

Rainbow-Live In Germany 76
V/A – Goodbye Babylon massive boxset of religious tunes from the excellent Dust to Digital label, it was my birthday so I thought I’d treat myself, and it is very good if old time religious tunes rattle the bars of your cage

Mark Lanegan – Funeral Blues

Whitehills – Frying On This Rock

Rick Wakeman – Six Wives of Henry VIII

New Model Army – A bunch of 12” singles

Van Halen –II

Foghat - Nightshift
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index