Which Kiss albums?

Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Which Kiss albums?
Apr 22, 2012, 17:11
Moon Cat wrote:

Er.. "By all means...?" Is that some sort of 'permission' being granted?

Actually, why can I not do that?

That's exactly how I feel after reading your recent posts.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 22, 2012, 18:04
So, you are, quite rightly, entitled to your opinion, as you have reminded me on many occasions. And I declare mine on an issue I consider of reasonable importance and this is apparently so unsettling it's not 'the real Moon Cat'?

I'm afraid this is the real Moon Cat 'speaking', sorry but there is is, and it transpires that everything I have attempted to say on this matter has been (wilfully or otherwise) misinterpreted or ignored. For example, you offered an opinion on a post (you admit you hadn't actually read I might add), and accused me of using, what was to you, surprisingly, 'earnest' language that belied the importance or otherwise of the matter at hand. If you had read the post you might of realised the 'earnestness' of the language was meant in the style of pastiche, indicating, that yes of course, the matter, in the grand scheme of things, is not that important and that the band in question is not particularly relevant. And the initial post was not directed at you, KeithA, but 'you' as in the general keyboard hoverers that seem to have an instinct to dive in and tell people that they shouldn't like a certain band as soon as that bands name is mentioned. This has been going on for a loooooooooooooonng time. I am illustrating my point of view on it, just as you are yours.

To summarise/clarify/minimise - Some people here happen to like the band KISS. Other people should, you know, really get over it. Especially by now.

I am also of the point of view, and you may well disagree, that it seems a bit unecesasarily negative and questionable to routinely slag off the same band to the same people year after year, especially when you have built up cordial relations with those people. Your 'defence'((a bit top heavy I admit but I'm trying to be concise) is, well it always happens to Morrissey. Is that a two-wrongs making a right then? I agree with you, people should be able to mention the M word without other people frothing at the mouth too. That is what I am saying. There's the banter of which you speak and then the tiresome inevitability of having to justify why you like a certain something, especially when you are trying to discuss that something with other enthusiasts. I don't like football Keith. I generally try not to succumb to the urge to join a football thread and say it's cack and berate others for liking it, cos that'd be a twatty thing to do. It's not just about opinion; it's about consideration. It is to me anyway.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 22, 2012, 18:08
keith a wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:

Er.. "By all means...?" Is that some sort of 'permission' being granted?

Actually, why can I not do that?

That's exactly how I feel after reading your recent posts.

Well, I'm sorry but you're getting them wrong then. Especially the one you didn't read 8^P
keith a
9573 posts

Apr 22, 2012, 18:30
Moon Cat wrote:
For example, you offered an opinion on a post (you admit you hadn't actually read I might add)

I commented on the bit I had read. Not what I hadn't.

OK. You've made your point. I hope you manage to live by the rules that you are wanting to impose on others.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Apr 22, 2012, 19:04
Re: Grand Funk....
Apr 22, 2012, 18:57
machineryelf wrote:
Kosmischeboy wrote:
The Red Grand Funk album is one of my favourites ever! The one before it "On Time" is pretty cool too.

Which live album did you get? Cos the one with the black and white cover is mindblowingly good, i'm really surprised if you didn't like it!

That's this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Album_(Grand_Funk_Railroad_album)

This one not so good:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live:_The_1971_Tour

And this one is not at all good!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caught_in_the_Act_(Grand_Funk_Railroad_album)

Thank funk for that , I thought it was me, I quite like Caught In The Act but the first one is the biz, used to play that and The Doors Absolutely live back to back loved them to bits, I made a tape up of all the spoken word bits off both LPs[probably bulked it up with Woodstock stuff -NO RAIN NO RAIN NO RAIN], used to annoy the fuck out of all my friends

No love for the obese weirdness that is "Bosnia", their "Blood Sweat and Tears Plays Grand Funk Hits" album? Out Framptons Frampton. If a couple of decades too late to trouble the scorers.
keith a
9573 posts

Edited Apr 22, 2012, 19:17
Apr 22, 2012, 19:17
I have, however, printed it off and taken it to bed with me on each night since.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Apr 22, 2012, 19:33
IanB wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
Kosmischeboy wrote:
The Red Grand Funk album is one of my favourites ever! The one before it "On Time" is pretty cool too.

Which live album did you get? Cos the one with the black and white cover is mindblowingly good, i'm really surprised if you didn't like it!

That's this one:

This one not so good:

Thank funk for that , I thought it was me, I quite like Caught In The Act but the first one is the biz, used to play that and The Doors Absolutely live back to back loved them to bits, I made a tape up of all the spoken word bits off both LPs[probably bulked it up with Woodstock stuff -NO RAIN NO RAIN NO RAIN], used to annoy the fuck out of all my friends

No love for the obese weirdness that is "Bosnia", their "Blood Sweat and Tears Plays Grand Funk Hits" album? Out Framptons Frampton. If a couple of decades too late to trouble the scorers.

Didn't even know it existed, listening to Closer to Home now, quite nice in a Poco kinda way, oh gawd the trumpets just kicked in, now it's a singalong with flutes,Grand Funk Cheeseboard, I'd probably buy this if I found it cheap somewhere but it's not GRAND FUNK LIVE is it
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Apr 22, 2012, 19:35
machineryelf wrote:
IanB wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
Kosmischeboy wrote:

That's this one:

This one not so good:

Didn't even know it existed, listening to Closer to Home now, quite nice in a Poco kinda way, oh gawd the trumpets just kicked in, now it's a singalong with flutes,Grand Funk Cheeseboard, I'd probably buy this if I found it cheap somewhere but it's not GRAND FUNK LIVE is it

No (LOL) but it does have a creepy charm to it.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 23, 2012, 12:30
keith a wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
For example, you offered an opinion on a post (you admit you hadn't actually read I might add)

I commented on the bit I had read. Not what I hadn't.

OK. You've made your point. I hope you manage to live by the rules that you are wanting to impose on others.

Indeed. And the iron-fist in a velvet glove rule in my new benevolent dictatorship is that people should be free to enjoy KISS (or even other things!) without fear of reprisal. It's not exactly KISS Sung Il yet but I'm working on some more draconian stuff. Probably something about Robyn. There might be missiles too.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 23, 2012, 12:32
keith a wrote:
I have, however, printed it off and taken it to bed with me on each night since.

Excellent work citizen! The Polit Bureau will be pleased! Hail!
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index