Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1704 posts

Re: Copedium: info?
Jul 05, 2012, 02:55
singingringingtree wrote:
the CDs WILL be available separately, eventually ... word i've had from JHC + Ace records sez so, at least

I guess I'll chance it and not but the limited edition then. Don't really care about the leather bound book part, and I would be reading it by my bedside quite a bit. I think this will make xmas presents for a few friends as well.

I wonder if the cds will contain that Frown-Wallghost track. It's one of the few AOTM's that I have never been able to find even an mp3 of.
bauheed
bauheed
896 posts

Jul 05, 2012, 14:28
I decided to take the plunge and ordered the deluxe edition directly from Faber and Faber the other day. According to my wife a rather large parcel marked books was delivered today. I can't think of anything else that I've ordered recently, and so wondering if that's it? I'll find out when I get home from work.

Anyone else got their hands on the deluxe edition yet?

By the way, according to the email receipt that I got from Faber and Faber there was no shipping charge added.
common era
865 posts

Edited Jul 05, 2012, 15:58
Jul 05, 2012, 15:57
Faber and Faber have free shipping on all orders over £25, I think the deluxe version qualifies, hence no shipping charge!

http://www.faber.co.uk/work/copendium/9780571281930/
bauheed
bauheed
896 posts

Jul 05, 2012, 17:22
and yes, I can confirm that received my copy of Copedium today. And a beautiful thing it is too.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jul 05, 2012, 18:10
grr, where the heck's mine then??!!

Bloody Rough Trade....
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jul 05, 2012, 18:11
Ziggypop wrote:
TBH I wouldn't have ordered the book if I'd known the contents before hand as I don't really need a book of somebody elses opinion.

what did you think it was going to be? Twas always made pretty clear
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1704 posts

Jul 06, 2012, 03:41
Ziggypop wrote:
Citizensmurf wrote:
Has anyone found out if the 3cd compilation will be available for purchase outside of the limited edition book package?

I would say it wont be as JC doesn't own the rights it's other peoples music.
TBH I wouldn't have ordered the book if I'd known the contents before hand as I don't really need a book of somebody elses opinion.
Still I guess I could make a buck or two on it at a later date..

Aren't all books full of someone else's opinion? Even though I've already read, and re-re-re-reread, these reviews, I'll always want to read them again. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer a book in my hand instead of reading a computer screen.
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

Jul 06, 2012, 03:46
necropolist wrote:
Ziggypop wrote:

what did you think it was going to be? Twas always made pretty clear

I was aware the writings were previously released but didn't know it was AOTM. It was really the CD's I was interested in and thought they would be generally unavailable or JC related. My mistake I suppose..
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

Jul 06, 2012, 03:54
Citizensmurf wrote:
Ziggypop wrote:
Citizensmurf wrote:
Has anyone found out if the 3cd compilation will be available for purchase outside of the limited edition book package?

I would say it wont be as JC doesn't own the rights it's other peoples music.
Still I guess I could make a buck or two on it at a later date..

Aren't all books full of someone else's opinion? Even though I've already read, and re-re-re-reread, these reviews, I'll always want to read them again. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer a book in my hand instead of reading a computer screen.

I also prefer a book to reading a computer screen and yes a lot of books, not all, are full of someone else's opinion but I don't care about opinions on music. I've never found them useful and would only own half the LP's I have if I took them seriously and half I did own would be pants..
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

Jul 06, 2012, 07:58
Ziggypop wrote:
but I don't care about opinions on music. I've never found them useful

???? well, yr prob in the wrong place, talking about the wrong book - what would you prefer to "opinions"? Lists of catalogue numbers?!?!?
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index