Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Copedium: I suppose...
May 17, 2012, 13:41
150X200 = 120X250

If they made it 500 it'd be £60. Or 1000 at £30? Sod it! Just abandon the ltd edition! I'd even buy one at £15 and you'd only have to shift 2000
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

May 20, 2012, 18:15
Just looked at the Rough Trade site and the price is now £120.. Umm was tempted then after checking postage it quoted £50. ???
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

May 20, 2012, 18:18
that's cos they're not sure how much the postage will actually be, and that is the maximum it would be to ghana or somewhere like that. for the UK it is likely to be around £7 they told me
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

May 20, 2012, 20:26
Ah I see thanks for clearing that one up for me..
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Copedium: info?
Jun 30, 2012, 12:26
hmm, Rough Trade have just taken £35 off of me. Which seems an odd amount really...
sur plus
sur plus
42 posts

Jul 03, 2012, 22:18
From the July Drudion:

Phew Brothers’n’Sisters, I have BIG news this July month, for my venerable publishers Faber & Faber have taken it upon themselves to unleash in book form almost the entire past ten years of Head Heritage Albums of the Month, well over 700 pages in a hardy’n’sumptuous box replete with three accompanying CDs of truly unmastered sonic genius (NB: I guarantee y’all that nothing is fucked-about-with on these CDs. I’m too Alan Lomax, too Attenborough for that) pouring forth from such diverse artists and ensembles as Blue Cheer, Chrome, Parson Sound, New Lou Reeds, Orthodox, Timothy Revelator, Sunburned Hand of the Man, Gunslingers, Lord Buckley, Hääre, Monoshock, Vibracathedral Orchestra, AR & Machines, Simply Saucer, Billy Miller’s Cold Sun and umpteen truckloads more. Alongside articles detailing the works of each of the aforemenched, readers get re-runs of Hardrocksampler, Danskrocksampler, Glamrocksampler, Postpunksampler and a 40+ page index to boot. Entitled COPENDIUM, this work will be available in three wildly diverse formats: 1) Massively expensive Limited Edition w/3CDs. Get this motherfucker only if you need need need on your bookshelf your personal hefty record of my own twisted Rock’n’roll Weltanshauung, 2) Smartly packaged MODERN ANTIQUARIAN-sized affordable essential hardback, or: 3) Free Free Free off our website same as always. That way, nobody gots to pay for what we already gave to you years ago, unless that is, you be a rock’n’roll scholar or a book lover. Finally, to all you Ladies’n’gentlemen musicians of the Underground, I do believe this massive tome will – over the passage of time – lend considerable cultural validation to all of our future statements. And so, to all of you artists whose work appears described within those 700+ pages of COPENDIUM, I say this: for having conjured up in my mind the kind of sustained psychedelically suffused imagery and barbarian inspirations that have caused me – month after month – to have brung forth this veritable Danube of barbarian commentary, I thank you all from the ocean bottom of my Dark Heart for having sent us all of these extraordinary works.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Jul 04, 2012, 01:25
Has anyone found out if the 3cd compilation will be available for purchase outside of the limited edition book package?
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jul 04, 2012, 09:55
Dunno. But it turns out the £35 was for stuff I bought at No Directin Home festie, and they've only just got round to taking the bloody money.

The man at RT still doesn't know when the tome is actually going to arrive. Presumably soon
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

Jul 04, 2012, 19:23
Citizensmurf wrote:
Has anyone found out if the 3cd compilation will be available for purchase outside of the limited edition book package?

I would say it wont be as JC doesn't own the rights it's other peoples music.
TBH I wouldn't have ordered the book if I'd known the contents before hand as I don't really need a book of somebody elses opinion.
Still I guess I could make a buck or two on it at a later date..
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

Jul 04, 2012, 21:26
the CDs WILL be available separately, eventually ... word i've had from JHC + Ace records sez so, at least
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index