66 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Mar 05, 2012, 13:13
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 4 March 2012 CE
Mar 05, 2012, 12:53
Hail!

El Doom & The Born Electric - S/T. Unbelievably bloody great!! A scando-prog metal pile-up where Mastodon & Opeth crash into VDGG style idiosyncratic vocals and arrangements, occasional pumping Heep hammond and 70's prog meets 21st century metal to form a truly fantastic hybrid beast of extreme awesomeness with a sniff of Zappa style absurdity on the side. For prog-metal & 70's rock enthusiasts I cannot recommend this enough. Bit early for albums of the year and all that but this RULES! Also features the lyric "...born out of a colostomy bag" as a selling point!

Element - Corrupt Desire. This too is excellent. Metallica worship melds with almost Floydian and/or post-rock soundscapes to great effect. Thrash-prog! Like it lots!

Liquid Graveyard - The 5th time I die.
Julian Cope - Psychedelic Revolution.

School of Seven Bells - Disconnect From Desire. Like these a lot, although I gather they are now down a duo, which is a shame cos they're gonna miss those wispy and ethereal harmonies from the 2 sisters.

The Chasms - Alchemical Postcards. (Thanks for nod Squid! Just nabbed the other stuff too!) Noisy but nice. Funny thing is, track 3, which is the most like a conventional song, was really bugging me with what I thought it sounded like. Then the penny dropped and the vocals remind me of Franz Ferdinand but doing noise/space rock.

Have a nice week x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index