Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: New Black Tempest 3 CD set - Supernormal Recordings
Dec 09, 2011, 20:13
machineryelf wrote:
had this on rotation with Bolt Thrower & Iron Maiden this week, really is a great listen, CD2 may possibly be my favorite Black Tempest release so far, was also listening to that Mugstar cd you recommended Squid and good as that is your CD is sounding the better IMHO.

Wow, thanks! Means a lot to me.
veneta1
223 posts

Dec 09, 2011, 23:27
After reading all the positive comments I've had to succumb and have just placed my order.

This really sounds intriguing and for someone to say that it is better than any recent Mugstar releases is really saying something in my book.

Looking forward to receiving this in time for some Christmas listening.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Dec 10, 2011, 18:01
veneta1 wrote:
After reading all the positive comments I've had to succumb and have just placed my order.

This really sounds intriguing and for someone to say that it is better than any recent Mugstar releases is really saying something in my book.

Looking forward to receiving this in time for some Christmas listening.

Just got your order and packed it up ready to post - thanks.

I hope it lives up to the billing!
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Dec 10, 2011, 18:47
Squid Tempest wrote:
IanB wrote:
Still haven't heard the whole thing but what I have heard I am loving. Top effort. A triple album! Christ knows how long that would take us. We'd probably slip into a long G&R / Peter Gabriel-esque period of indecision. Though maybe the five of us could have a side of vinyl each and then a band side. Not sure even I would want to listen to that!

Thanks Ian! I hate to say it but I had trouble cutting it down below a 5 CD set. And since then I've recorded the equivalent of another couple of CDs worth which I'm thinking of making available as a couple of downloads. And I've done two chapters of a new spoken word sci-fi story set to sound/noise/music which I'm going to do as a podcast - Space Opera. Phew!

Wow. No idea how you manage all that and keep real life ticking over. Getting 50 minutes of music out once a year is about as much as we can manage.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Dec 10, 2011, 20:08
IanB wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
IanB wrote:
Still haven't heard the whole thing but what I have heard I am loving. Top effort. A triple album! Christ knows how long that would take us. We'd probably slip into a long G&R / Peter Gabriel-esque period of indecision. Though maybe the five of us could have a side of vinyl each and then a band side. Not sure even I would want to listen to that!

Thanks Ian! I hate to say it but I had trouble cutting it down below a 5 CD set. And since then I've recorded the equivalent of another couple of CDs worth which I'm thinking of making available as a couple of downloads. And I've done two chapters of a new spoken word sci-fi story set to sound/noise/music which I'm going to do as a podcast - Space Opera. Phew!

Wow. No idea how you manage all that and keep real life ticking over. Getting 50 minutes of music out once a year is about as much as we can manage.

It's a blessing that sometimes feels like a curse. Like a gushing tap I can't switch off. I get frustrated when I haven't got my instruments and gear because I can't record what is flowing through me at that time. I wouldn't ever want it to stop though, and I do realise how lucky I am. And it brings me great satisfaction when people actually enjoy and respond to the results, it means everything to me.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Dec 12, 2011, 13:30
Hey Squid, only managed to listen to Disc 1 so far but really really like the industrial waltz of 'Tanks But No Tanks'. I never realised you were so unposh! Proper Sarf Laanden. I'm not sure you're "our kind of chap"... ;)

If you're gonna head up a 'Black Squid' ensemble with lots of pics of disciples looking and pointing in various directions, I'm in. Unless tea's ready.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Dec 12, 2011, 15:09
Toni Torino wrote:
Hey Squid, only managed to listen to Disc 1 so far but really really like the industrial waltz of 'Tanks But No Tanks'. I never realised you were so unposh! Proper Sarf Laanden. I'm not sure you're "our kind of chap"... ;)

If you're gonna head up a 'Black Squid' ensemble with lots of pics of disciples looking and pointing in various directions, I'm in. Unless tea's ready.

Gor blimey guvnor!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Dec 12, 2011, 16:13
Dec 12, 2011, 16:12
Toni Torino wrote:

That's just a facade for the festy set. I've been to Tempest Towers and Squid's normal speaking voice is like a hybrid of Jason King and Brian Sewell and he sits in front of his synths in a velvet smoking jacket whilst dwarf slaves scurry about tending to his needs. Sometimes he gives them a jolt with a cattle prod if they fail to comply to an order with due haste and efficiency. ;^)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Dec 12, 2011, 16:21
Moon Cat wrote:
Toni Torino wrote:

That's just a facade for the festy set. I've been to Tempest Towers and Squid's normal speaking voice is like a hybrid of Jason King and Brian Sewell and he sits in front of his synths in a velvet smoking jacket whilst dwarf slaves scurry about tending to his needs. Sometimes he gives them a jolt with a cattle prod if they fail to comply to an order with due haste and efficiency. ;^)

You promised not to tell anyone about the dwarves.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Dec 12, 2011, 16:32
Squid Tempest wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
Toni Torino wrote:

You promised not to tell anyone about the dwarves.

Well, you shouldn't have given me a dose of the prod for pressing the wrong button on the bleepmachine
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index