Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
redfish365
redfish365
710 posts

Edited Dec 08, 2011, 00:52
Re: New Black Tempest 3 CD set - Supernormal Recordings
Dec 08, 2011, 00:51
Mine arrived today here in wintery Chicago!
Side one is glorious! Sides 2 and 3 up next.
In the spirit of full disclosure there was a 2 inch or so crack in the front of the case but the discs are undamaged! Woo hoo!

Seriously - NO NEED for a replacement case a'la Ming! Mine is dandy!!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Dec 08, 2011, 09:02
redfish365 wrote:
Mine arrived today here in wintery Chicago!
Side one is glorious! Sides 2 and 3 up next.
In the spirit of full disclosure there was a 2 inch or so crack in the front of the case but the discs are undamaged! Woo hoo!

Seriously - NO NEED for a replacement case a'la Ming! Mine is dandy!!

Thanks for that Redfish!

Sorry about the crack. If you change your mind about the replacement case let me know, I've ordered a batch of spares, just in case (arf!).
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Dec 08, 2011, 16:46
Mine's got a bit cracked and busted in transport back to Manc. 8^(

Don't worry about it though - I can pick up a replacement thingy in a local shop for local people for el cheapo. Be better than risking one in the post.
Still loving the artwork though, especially that grafitti style pic in the middle and the BT symbol globe thing. The nods to family Squid in the acknowledgements made me smile too.

Digi-packs or cardy things like what the Solus folk do are the way forward I think. Prettier, neater and less likely to smithereenerise. Don't know what the cost of 'em is though.

Got a load of pics to edit so am looking forward to playing the whole thing proper in order when I am sat in front of me puter.

Hail Squid!

(and Skurk of course)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Dec 08, 2011, 19:03
Moon Cat wrote:
Mine's got a bit cracked and busted in transport back to Manc. 8^(

Don't worry about it though - I can pick up a replacement thingy in a local shop for local people for el cheapo. Be better than risking one in the post.
Still loving the artwork though, especially that grafitti style pic in the middle and the BT symbol globe thing. The nods to family Squid in the acknowledgements made me smile too.

Digi-packs or cardy things like what the Solus folk do are the way forward I think. Prettier, neater and less likely to smithereenerise. Don't know what the cost of 'em is though.

Got a load of pics to edit so am looking forward to playing the whole thing proper in order when I am sat in front of me puter.

Hail Squid!

(and Skurk of course)

If you come down to Tempest Towers at some point I could give you a case. I wanted to do the case rather than a digipack type thing coz I wanted the 3 CDs and booklet, and it wasn't too expensive. Given the problems I've had though I'm not sure it was the right decision. Shame really.

I really like that pic in the middle of the booklet btw. It's my friend Nick wot did it, and I'm hoping he'll be doing some more artwork for me in future.

Lots more Black Tempest stuff in the pipeline by the way...

Skurk Tentpeg
x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Norman Records Review Supernormal Recordings
Dec 08, 2011, 19:04
I do have a very soft and squidgy spot for the lovely lovely folks at Norman...

http://www.normanrecords.com/cd/130482-black-tempest-supernormal-recordings
Buck Flair
Buck Flair
796 posts

Re: Norman Records Review Supernormal Recordings
Dec 08, 2011, 19:34
hi squid, noticed that no badge with norman, does that mean i have a rarity?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: Norman Records Review Supernormal Recordings
Dec 08, 2011, 19:40
One badge each has gone out to UK orders from Noiseweb. I was a bit worried about sending them overseas in case they came up on security scans. I also didn't send any to Norman Records, not sure why really. If anyone has ordered from Norman Records and wants a badge, drop me an email to squid AT noiseweb DOT co DOT uk and for a SAE I'll pop one in the post.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Dec 09, 2011, 19:16
Dec 09, 2011, 19:16
Still haven't heard the whole thing but what I have heard I am loving. Top effort. A triple album! Christ knows how long that would take us. We'd probably slip into a long G&R / Peter Gabriel-esque period of indecision. Though maybe the five of us could have a side of vinyl each and then a band side. Not sure even I would want to listen to that!
machineryelf
3681 posts

Dec 09, 2011, 19:42
had this on rotation with Bolt Thrower & Iron Maiden this week, really is a great listen, CD2 may possibly be my favorite Black Tempest release so far, was also listening to that Mugstar cd you recommended Squid and good as that is your CD is sounding the better IMHO.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Dec 09, 2011, 20:13
IanB wrote:
Still haven't heard the whole thing but what I have heard I am loving. Top effort. A triple album! Christ knows how long that would take us. We'd probably slip into a long G&R / Peter Gabriel-esque period of indecision. Though maybe the five of us could have a side of vinyl each and then a band side. Not sure even I would want to listen to that!

Thanks Ian! I hate to say it but I had trouble cutting it down below a 5 CD set. And since then I've recorded the equivalent of another couple of CDs worth which I'm thinking of making available as a couple of downloads. And I've done two chapters of a new spoken word sci-fi story set to sound/noise/music which I'm going to do as a podcast - Space Opera. Phew!
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index