Favourite Record Sleeve?

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: Favourite Record Sleeve?
May 24, 2011, 10:07
Another Lotus lover. Cool. The cd looks really shit compared with the vinyl so people will be wondering what we are on about!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

May 24, 2011, 10:16
Some great stuff there. Also...

Dr Alimantado - King's Bread
Peter Tosh - Legalise It
Culture - International Herb
Mikey Dread - Dread At The Controls
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

May 24, 2011, 10:24
Moon Cat wrote:
Also Judas Priest, "Sad Wings of Destiny"? Pre-propa-metal-but-still-pretty-metal-actually-it is quite pretty-metal-metal.

Perhaps the propa-propa-metal-yes-it-is metal-at-last-2-million-years-evolution-reached-its-fruition-metal.
mercian
mercian
302 posts

May 24, 2011, 10:50
One that I can remember but can`t remember the artist was a cartoon one of lads & lasses but as chickens and cockerels. I dont think it was Dr Alimantado`s Best dressed chicken, but somthing like it. It was in a freinds collection so the name escapes me. Any ideas?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

May 24, 2011, 10:54
mercian wrote:
One that I can remember but can`t remember the artist was a cartoon one of lads & lasses but as chickens and cockerels. I dont think it was Dr Alimantado`s Best dressed chicken, but somthing like it. It was in a freinds collection so the name escapes me. Any ideas?

Not Best Dressed Chicken - that had the good doctor walking down the street with his trousers held up with a safety pin, if memory serves!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

May 24, 2011, 14:27
How could I forget?

Trout Mask Replica
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

May 24, 2011, 14:34
Most of my faves mentioned, though Hawkwind's Warrior fold-out shield cover still unleashes the inner Michael Moorcock in me.

I was very intrigued by the Scorps' Animal Magnetism sleeve as a callow youth: http://hardrockheavymetal.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/scorpions-animal-magnetism-1980.jpg Just what is this all about, eh? (unfortunately, I can't find a pic of the back cover, which is even weirder)

The original sleeve to Virgin Killer has to be one of the most unpleasant ever.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Edited May 24, 2011, 15:10
May 24, 2011, 15:04
Do you think Spinal Tap got the idea for 'Smell The Glove' from that ;)

I still have a soft spot for Sabbath's slightly creepy 'Mob Rules' cover (ahem, I quite like the album to, even though Ozzy ain't around).

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ag8zgR1xHs8/THqHyDSLuxI/AAAAAAAAB8Y/JRnmJ7mldOc/s1600/ROCKPARATUSOIDOS81_mob_rules%5B1%5D.jpg

Moving onto a slightly different tangent, think the most unpleasant/repellant sleeve I ever saw was the original photo cover of Big Blacks - Headache EP.
Mind you, the band Carcass could throw up some stomach churning covers. As could a few others around the 'grindcore' scene.
I was amazed they got away with them being sold in store (well Big Black's was pulled).

If your not to squeamish...

Big Black original cover shot
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8WtlaktD6NY/TCAtTpOguhI/AAAAAAAAACw/OnieHr2bKLw/s1600/headache13.jpg
Carcass - reek of putrification
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p61z2enroU4/SZzM7AfpYHI/AAAAAAAACZI/0pZswFZNxHU/s1600-h/carcass.jpg
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

May 24, 2011, 15:06
They must be bad - our work PC is blocking them!
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Edited May 24, 2011, 15:18
May 24, 2011, 15:18
Yeah, i was questioning wether I should post the links tbh, they are all over the web should you wish to search them out, but I don't think you'd be looking at them very fondly.
There was a bunch of metal heads I used to know that would actively search out the most unpleasant covers they could find, almost like a contest of grossness. I always found them a bit, shall we say 'odd'.
Mind you, I knew a bunch of TG/Industrial/Power Electronic/neo-folk freaks that did the same......I kept my distance.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index