Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Re: Pink Floyd Reissues 2011
May 10, 2011, 14:11
The Sea Cat wrote:
Crikey! Nah. I'll stick to my mono Piper remaster. I reckon it's only a matter of time before EMI do a full catalogue remaster. Let's hope they don't fuck most of it up like The Beatles stereo ones with all that dreadful vocal/instrumental separation that made most of it completely unlistenable on headphones. Strawberry Fields Forever was particularly abused.

well, they are doing a full catalog remaster by James Guthrie

that's what this thread is about
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

May 10, 2011, 15:35
zphage wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
Crikey! Nah. I'll stick to my mono Piper remaster. I reckon it's only a matter of time before EMI do a full catalogue remaster. Let's hope they don't fuck most of it up like The Beatles stereo ones with all that dreadful vocal/instrumental separation that made most of it completely unlistenable on headphones. Strawberry Fields Forever was particularly abused.

That's what puzzled me as I could only find the exisiting stuff on the amazon link. Mind you, I didn't check every page.
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

May 10, 2011, 15:37
The Sea Cat wrote:
zphage wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:

That's what puzzled me as I could only find the exisiting stuff on the amazon link. Mind you, I didn't check every page.

sort by Release Date
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

May 10, 2011, 15:38
smrt wrote:
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
smrt wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:

Not sure if this is the edition you are after, but..

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=656420&ev=rb

These would seem to be for the Toshiba edition of 10 years back, but probably as well to check with the seller first.

S.

The possible problem here is that these could be fakes of the Toshiba edn. They look correct, but 'tis not the same as holding in your hand. I did buy a genuine Principal Edwards Japanese Ed made by Universal from Finland, but that was 6 years ago, Russian Fed and Italy the home of the bootlegger has my alarm bell ringing. Besides they are too cheep

You could be right. Guess with any of these there has to be a certain amount of "Buyer beware" notices.

Thanks nonetheless though.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

May 10, 2011, 15:43
zphage wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
zphage wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:

sort by Release Date

page 4 : 2008 Import/EMI Europe Generic. So just an import of the original then. I'll certainly look forward to the full catalogue job then.

:-)
dave clarkson
2988 posts

May 10, 2011, 16:23
"Scarf
3 x Black marbles
9 x Coasters (unique to this box) featuring early Storm Thorgerson design sketches"

Wot no tie and blazer badge combination featuring the album logo?

8)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

May 10, 2011, 16:33
dave clarkson wrote:
"Scarf
3 x Black marbles
9 x Coasters (unique to this box) featuring early Storm Thorgerson design sketches"

Wot no tie and blazer badge combination featuring the album logo?

8)

No executive shaving kit and faux-leather briefcase combo either. Not buying it. Not that I would have done anyway, but still...
dave clarkson
2988 posts

May 10, 2011, 16:46
I'm waiting for the cassette release with extra hiss.

8)
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

May 10, 2011, 17:57
IanB wrote:
The Wall is one of my personal musical betes noires. One good and highly memorable guitar solo aside I have never been able to understand the hoopla surrounding that one.

It helps to be an angsty 15 year old.

The Wall is great teenage bumout music.

Boring for adults though!
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

May 10, 2011, 17:58
I'll just keep my vinyls thanks.

(I did buy the 5.1 DSOTM almost a decade ago -- think I listened to it ONCE.)
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index