zphage
3378 posts

Edited May 10, 2011, 15:38
Pink Floyd Reissues 2011
May 10, 2011, 10:26
Appears MAJOR PinkFloyd Reissue Program to begin about Sept 2011

Some sets are getting 'Experience" 2Cd reissues and 5-7Cd "Immersion" versions

Sort by release date:
http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=music&field-artist=Pink%20Floyd

The Dark Side Of The Moon (3CD & 3DVD Box Set)

Disc 1 - The Dark Side Of The Moon Digitally Remastered By James Guthrie 2011
Speak To Me
Breathe
On The Run
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Disc 2 - The Dark Side Of The Moon performed live at Wembley in 1974 (2011 Mix And Previously Unreleased)
Speak To Me
Breathe
On The Run
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Disc 3 - The Dark Side Of The Moon 1972 Early Album Mix Engineered by Alan Parsons (Previously Unreleased)
Speak To Me
Breathe
On The Run
Time
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse
The Hard Way (From 'Household Objects' Project)
Us And Them, Richard Wright Demo (Previously Unreleased)
The Travel Sequence, Live From Brighton June 1972 (Previously Unreleased)
The Mortality Sequence, Live From Brighton June 1972 (Previously Unreleased)
Any Colour You Like, Live From Brighton June 1972 (Previously Unreleased)
The Travel Sequence, Studio Recording 1972 (Previously Unreleased)
Money, Roger Waters' Demo (Previously Unreleased)

Box set includes:
40 page 27cm x 27cm booklet designed by Storm Thorgerson
Exclusive photo book edited by Jill Furmanovsky
27cm x 27cm Exclusive Storm Thorgerson Art Print
5 x Collectors' Cards featuring art and comments by Storm Thorgerson
Replica of The Dark Side Of The Moon Tour Ticket
Replica of The Dark Side Of The Moon Backstage Pass
Scarf
3 x Black marbles
9 x Coasters (unique to this box) featuring early Storm Thorgerson design sketches
12 page credits booklet

DVD 1 - All Audio:
The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps
The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps
The Dark Side Of The Moon, LPCM Stereo mix (as disc 1)
The Dark Side Of The Moon, Alan Parsons Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape in 1973) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps
The Dark Side Of The Moon, Alan Parsons Quad Mix (previously released only on vinyl LP/8 track tape in 1973) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps

DVD 2 - ALL AUDIO VISUAL:
Live In Brighton 1972:
Careful With That Axe, Eugene (previously unreleased on DVD)
Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun (previously unreleased on DVD)
The Dark Side Of The Moon, 2003 documentary (25 min EPK)
Concert Screen Films (60 min total):
British Tour 1974
French Tour 1974
North American Tour 1975
Screen films play in stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound

DVD 3 - BLURAY, AUDIO+AUDIO VISUAL
Audio: The Dark Side Of The Moon, James Guthrie 2003 5.1 Surround Mix (previously released only on SACD) in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit
Audio: The Dark Side Of The Moon, Original stereo mix (1973) mastered in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit
Audio Visual: Live In Brighton 1972:
Careful With That Axe, Eugene (previously unreleased on DVD/BluRay)
Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun (previously unreleased on DVD/BluRay)
Audio Visual: The Dark Side Of The Moon, 2003 documentary (EPK)
Audio Visual: Concert Screen Films (5.1 Surround Mix):
British Tour 1974
French Tour 1974
North American Tour 1975
Audio Visual: Concert Screen Films (High Resolution Stereo Mix):
British Tour 1974
French Tour 1974
North American Tour 1975

Wish You Were Here (3CD, 2DVD & Blu-Ray Immersion Box Set)

Disc 1
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part One) (1-5)
Welcome To The Machine
Have A Cigar
Wish You Were Here
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part Two) (6-9)

Disc 2
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-6) Live At Wembley November 1974 (2011 Mix And Previously Unreleased)
Raving & Drooling Live At Wembley November 1974 (2011 Mix And Previously Unreleased)
You've Got To Be Crazy Live At Wembley November 1974 (2011 Mix And Previously Unreleased)
Wine Glasses From The Unreleased 'Household Objects' Project
Have A Cigar Alternative Version (Previously Unreleased)
Wish You Were Here Featuring Stephane Grappelli (Previously Unreleased)

Box set Includes:
40 page 27cm x 27cm booklet designed by Storm Thorgerson
Exclusive photo book edited by Jill Furmanovsky
27cm x 27cm Exclusive Storm Thorgerson Art Print
5 x Collectors' Cards featuring art and comments by Storm Thorgerson
Replica of Wish You Were Here Tour Ticket
Replica of Wish You Were Here Backstage Pass
Scarf
3 x Clear marbles
9 x Coasters (unique to this box) featuring early Storm Thorgerson design sketches
12 page credits booklet

DVD 1 - All Audio:
Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (Previously Unreleased) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps
Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (Previously Unreleased) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps
Wish You Were Here, Original Mix (1975) LPCM stereo
Wish You Were Here, Quad Mix (Previously Released Only On Vinyl LP/8 Track Tape) in standard resolution audio at 448 kbps
Wish You Were Here, Quad Mix (Previously Released Only On Vinyl LP/8 Track Tape) in high resolution audio at 640 kbps

DVD 2 - Audio Visual
Concert Screen Films:
Shine On You Crazy Diamond Intro
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Welcome To The Machine animated clip
Storm Thorgerson short film
Concert Screen Films play in stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound

BLURAY
Audio: Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (previously unreleased) high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit
Audio: Wish You Were Here, Original stereo mix (1975) mastered in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit
Concert Screen films:
Shine On You Crazy Diamond Intro
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Welcome To The Machine animated clip
Storm Thorgerson short film
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 10, 2011, 10:39
Re: Pink Floyd Reissues 2011
May 10, 2011, 10:34
Oh god. Time to empty the old pockets again though at least two of these look worthwhile - if I hadn't already bought these albums three or four times a piece since the 70s that is. Erk.

No Animals, Meddle or Atom Heart sadly only Dark Side, WYWH and The Wall. The Wall is one of my personal musical betes noires. One good and highly memorable guitar solo aside I have never been able to understand the hoopla surrounding that one.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited May 10, 2011, 10:58
May 10, 2011, 10:57
Either the Pink Floyd are feeling a bit sorry for Storm or the parlous state of EMI (they are coming out on EMI?) or they have realised a little late in the day this is the kind of stuff certain fans want when not getting their fix on eBay. A band like Deep Purple or should I say their various managements have been shuffling their material ever since 24 Carat Purple!.(which is a great album).
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

May 10, 2011, 11:02
DSOTM again ? I prefer early Floyd, not in that trendy snob way, I
just like the earlier style more. It's a pity that A Saucerful Of Secrets doesn't get a decent remaster, the version available from the early nineties is so attrocious I never play it. The Piper Mono was a revelation though!
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited May 10, 2011, 11:17
May 10, 2011, 11:16
The Sea Cat wrote:
just like the earlier style more. It's a pity that A Saucerful Of Secrets doesn't get a decent remaster, the version available from the early nineties is so attrocious I never play it. The Piper Mono was a revelation though!

Have you heard the Japanese Saucer? Toshiba did superb attentions to detail Kami Sleeve issues of al the PF Lp's about 10 years ago, which was possibly the idea behind the Oh By the way boxed set in Europe/USA
machineryelf
3681 posts

May 10, 2011, 11:17
IanB wrote:
Oh god. Time to empty the old pockets again though at least two of these look worthwhile - if I hadn't already bought these albums three or four times a piece since the 70s that is. Erk.

No Animals, Meddle or Atom Heart sadly only Dark Side, WYWH and The Wall. The Wall is one of my personal musical betes noires. One good and highly memorable guitar solo aside I have never been able to understand the hoopla surrounding that one.

the BBC DSOTM disc is a wondrous thing, I play it far more than yer actual DSOTM, and the WYWH gigs are pretty special too but you can stick the immersion box sets where the sun doesn't shine, I need a collection of Pink Floyd marbles like I need a hole in the head

Would love to see some of the 69-71 period gigs get released but I doubt there are any official recordings or they would have been released already

I love The Wall but it certainly isn't the greatest PF moment ever, Americans seem keen on it though, and Italians, I was once in a disco in Naples playing wall to wall 80s europap but every 45 mins or so they would stick on Run Like Hell, Comfortably Numb or Brick In The Wall and all the happy Italians just carried out dancing round their handbags as if Pink Floyd and that large breasted Italian disco diva whose name escapes me were perfectly normal bedfellows

I wonder if the WYWH scarf will be made in genuine 70s shiny nylon and desintegrate after 3 days like the real thing
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

May 10, 2011, 11:32
Roll on the 10xCD, 3xDVD "Piper" box set, I say. (Yeah, some chance...)
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 10, 2011, 11:44
May 10, 2011, 11:40
The Sea Cat wrote:

I am the reverse. Don't get the fascination with the Syd era. I like the vibe but very little of the music. Generally speaking I think American psych went further longer. European voyagers were already working in more extreme areas of music.

What really interests me in PF is how their records chart the progress of expansive middle England liberal hippie optimism as it curdles into caustic cynicism. They are in their own way the only band who chart that journey from 67 - 77 without getting into the whole self-mythologising thing of The Stones or whoever. For me Animals is the rock n roll embodiment of Britain at the dawn of Thatcher. That this journey ended with Waters spitting on the audiendce does make perfect sense given what was about to happen to Floyd and the amount of spittle and phlegm that was about to start flying the other way. By comparison Syd seems a bit of a quaint flower power curio to me like a much more troubled Donovan.
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

May 10, 2011, 11:40
there appears to be three levels of sets:

discovery

experience

immersion

i think we'll see the earlier albums with expanded treatments
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

May 10, 2011, 11:41
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:

Have you heard the Japanese Saucer? Toshiba did superb attentions to detail Kami Sleeve issues of al the PF Lp's about 10 years ago, which was possibly the idea behind the Oh By the way boxed set in Europe/USA

I didn't even know!
Pages: 10 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index