Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 19 September 2010 CE

54 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 19 September 2010 CE
Sep 20, 2010, 13:33
John Coltrane - Acension this is prety amazing, not really aware of him other than his version of Favourite Things & A Love Supreme which I listened to to see how the Gun Club cover matched, but Ascension is well freaky,at times it seems utterly random but then it falls into place, and it never strays too far from a point at which you think 'ooh thats nice' I can hear its influence on the Dead & MC5 so I spent a lot of time listening to Kick Out The Jams & Dead Jammimg live.

Black Flag - Process Of Weeding Out as an extension of Coltrane/Grateful Dead/Black Flag but I think I'm pushing it a bit, listened to Sonic Youth Daydream Nation/Evol as well, forgootten how good SY could be

Fotheringay -for some reason I always thought the Fotheringay album was somehow flawed but it's a perfect little gem, albeit the CD has the 'bonus' of an English folk band attempting to RnR badly on Memphis Tennessee.

Fovea Hex thanks for that Ian B, initial listening quite impressed but then I got the Coltrane/Fotheringay bug and all else fell by the wayside

C93 Thunder Perfect Mind - listened to this early in the week, still impresses me less than the other CDs I've heard yet it seems to be held in high regard ny many C93 fans, each to his own

I'm off to listen to some more Coltrane, see if I can make more sense of the denser squawky bits
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index