54 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 19 September 2010 CE
Sep 19, 2010, 23:23
LP’s
DISAPORA – Natacha Atlas
Great to hear this early Natacha Atlas LP from the mid-90’s again. It’s sure to appeal to anyone who liked the Transgobal Underground records of that era seeing as their stamp is pretty much all over it, topped by NA’s incredible tonsils. Duden is almost impossibly beautiful; which might seem an odd think to say when the beats play such a big part, but it is.

ZINC ALLOY – Marc Bolan & T.Rex
Had to play some Bolan on the 30th anniversary of his death and so chose this, along with a few singles. The way the female singers answer Bolan’s “You’re so full of interstellar soul” chorus with shouts of “Bullshit, bullshit” is genius!

COINCIDENCE – Joe Crow
Former Nightingale’s 2007 release sounds at times like little more than a basic demo with guitars and drum, machine but I like it all the same. Features an interesting cover of I Walk The Line and great takes on The Prefects Going Through The Motions and The Nightingales Idiot Strength (which he co-wrote). The latter is particularly good – it was hard to imagine it as a gentle acoustic number but it works brilliantly.

MACHINE GUN ETIQUETTE – The Damned
Hasn’t Plan 9 Channel 7 got a great intro? Kinda stops you in your tracks...

HEAD FIRST – Goldfrapp
The most poppy Goldfrapp LP to my ears. Very enjoyable on early plays though.

GRINDERMAN 2 – Grinderman
Wow! This is sounding great after a couple of listens.

HALLOGALLO – Michael Rother & Friends
A big thank you to AQK for the link to this. It sounds better everytime I hear it!

ALSO...

ROCK’N’ROLL WITH THE MODERN LOVERS – The Modern Lovers

VERY FLASH VERY RUDE (LIVE WINTERLAND 1973) – Mott The Hoople

ROCKET TO RUSSIA – The Ramones

THE SKY ABOVE THE ROOF - Solus 3

GOOD TIMES, BAD TIMES – V/A

VOL 2- Wooden Shjips

COLOSSAL YOUTH – Young Marble Giants
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index