54 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Sep 20, 2010, 13:55
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 19 September 2010 CE
Sep 19, 2010, 22:17
Had disc 2 of Davy Graham A Gentleman & A Scholar on my 3 changer for about a week plus. Knocked out by 2nd track The Fakir. Credits say Lalo Schifrin so I wonder if it's a s/trk number or from his earlier jazz work.
Also the Watermelon Man on there's pretty tasty.
Do wonder if any of DG's tracks have been used much for samples. Keep hearing bits that are very noticeable, so assume others must have.

crazy world Of arthur Brown
Sounds great with recent remaster. always have loved bits of this lp.
Vincent Crane is great throughout a lot of this.

rahsaan roland Kirk Volunteered Slavery
what to say? this connects on a few numbers. Spirit Up Above which Osibisa covered is great as is title track. Rest of it too

Cluster II
Deep space grooves as with the rest of the best of Krautrock.
Can sound almost interstellar, or heart of black hole.
Just remembering picking up a hitchiker in girlfriend's car with this on stereo & needing to take off so's not to freak him.

Einstuerzende Neubauten 5 Auf Der richterskala
Some of their more sweeping atmospheric material on side 2. Faster stuff on the middle of side one. Ich Bins has been a fav since release.

Grateful Dead various. Tradersden have been featuring upped tours and years so April '71, Europe '72 and various '67 have appeared so increased my lossless collection of them.

Bert Jansch Dazzling Stranger
This is the US version so tracklisting is somewhat different. Still pretty masterful nonetheless.

amon Duul II live '69
long impros featured, starting track being 1/2 hr mesmerising repetitive groove. Also shorter stuff including material from Phallus Dei.

Sony & Linda Sharrock Paradise
Sonny skronks avantly & Linda warbles.Both in style reminiscent of their most out moments like Monkey Pockey Boo or Black woman, but here coupled with more space funk backing. Keep thinking of this as somewhat adjunct to sun Ra's Lanquidity but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

silberbart 4 Times sound raising
gets into pretty dark epic stuff after initial hardrocking Chub Chub Cherry + even that has more introspective moments.

video
mostly Weeds series 1-4. Just having trouble burning disc with start series 5 on.

will probably return and expand this list later

Stevo
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index