Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Sep 04, 2010, 15:47
Re: Another racist morissey rant
Sep 04, 2010, 14:55
Yeah, of course it's racist. To imply a whole race is inferior=pretty damn racist. "Subspecies"... Silly rabbit.

When you consider the shocking brutality that occurs on Factory Farms in the very land that Morrissey so often waxes sentimental about, it seems ridiculous of him to single out China as a worse offender than anywhere else, particularly using a term that is most definitely racist.

The treatment of animals by humans is shocking but it is cruelty carried out by us collectively as a species and one we all have a responsibility for.

I'm a vegetarian, too, so I know that not being able to walk down the street without encountering the smell of animal flesh can be pretty saddening. I don't think it's him trying to be controversial in order to muster up business. People can play it fast and loose in conversation and I wouldn't always write someone off over a flippant remark or two. Morrissey is starting to get quite a big case against him, however.

By the way, I just read this blog article which may be worth taking with just a pinch of salt (it probably wouldn't be concrete enough proof to justify column space in a newspaper), that claims that Magma's Christian Vander's a pretty hardcore Neo Nazi.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Sep 04, 2010, 15:27
pooley wrote:
I'll explain it a touch clearer, as you seem to need to be spoon fed

If I said machineryelf, you are vile racist apologist cunt. That would be an insult, and something I wouldn't do

If I said anyone that defends racism is a cunt, that would be a statement that involves a touch of bad language

Can you see the difference? Do you get it?

are you trying to goad me, it's not working, try trolling someone else you fucking idiot
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Sep 04, 2010, 15:30
Erm.... You responded to me? Remember?? Earlier today?? You got abusive?? Remember? Earlier today?? And I'm the troll??

Brilliant!!
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Sep 04, 2010, 15:57
You put it a hundred times better than I did.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Sep 04, 2010, 16:34
Sep 04, 2010, 16:30
My main issue with comments like this one is that Morrissey does a good cause a disservice by associating the desire for a more humane world with misanthropic fanaticism in the minds of the reader. Whether inadvertantly or not, it fuels the stupidity of kneejerkers think those who argue in favour of animal rights do so because they secretly despise the human race.

Having said that, my ex - who is Chinese herself - thinks that the Chinese are the cruellest people in the world, both towards animals and humans, and that she'd never go back there to live in a million years.
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Sep 04, 2010, 18:09
From the Guardian article by Simon Armitage

"Every gesture seems carefully designed, and every syllable weighed and measured for the ripples it will produce when lobbed into the pond"

My decline for Morrissey really began when he was whinging on a track on "You Are The Quarry" about his lifetime of gold discs wasn't enough for him etc etc

When I first met Mrs Chaos she travelled from London to see Moz in Hull and Preston within the space of a few days - a couple of years back we couldn't be bothered to see him at Alexandra Palace - the travel to which is VERY convenient for us

WE were both fans from the very beginning - but he's chipped away at his own respectability so much that I never want to hear from the sad bastard again.

When the first race row started in the 90s I genuinely thought he was shooting his mouth off unaware about the repercussions that could take place re the media and stuff. I acknowledge my naivety of those times now, and recognise that Morrissey is not only a racist, but with his experience of the previous furore he has deliberately thrown that quote in to remind the world that he is still around - even if he is promoting a compilation of old stuff - something that in the past he would not have been bothered to do anyway.

This wasn't a conversation where a flyaway remark has been spitefully posted into the papers - this was a formal interview situation where he knew and engineered the score precisely so that his name achieved headlines under the "no publicity is bad publicity" schtick.

Best to vote with the wallet I say. We all know there are alternative ways to receive music but I can't even be arsed to do that. Let the sub-species that is Stephen Patrick Morrissey rot in the cocoon of his own self-importance and unforgivable racial generalisations.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Sep 05, 2010, 08:24
Sep 04, 2010, 18:27
Morrissey's public posturing and his remakable Necromantic abilities re. his tedious solo career. It's not about anything other than exposure. He does this. Tedious shock value, and then lo and behold!

EDIT: I do think he's after publicity, as in the interview he clearly states that he hasn't got a record deal at present. I do honestly think he's trying to raise his profile again, in a manner he's used to, but you're quite right Keith, no one is listening and this certainly wont help this time.
fauny fergus
fauny fergus
310 posts

Sep 04, 2010, 18:35
by Simon Armitage

Now that's my idea of a conversation in hell, the crown prince of sixth form lyric heroes interviewed by The Professional Northern Poet.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Sep 04, 2010, 18:45
Exactly. You have a powerful elbow friend.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Sep 04, 2010, 18:57
Sep 04, 2010, 18:56
Yeah! The Robert Graves Award goes to you (it's a visionary thing).

AUM

:-)
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index