Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jun 15, 2010, 13:31
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 13 June 2010 CE
Jun 15, 2010, 13:25
According to iTunes this is what I have been doing with my week ....

Barclay James Harvest - Once Again
Japan - Adolescent Sex
Magazine - Secondhand Daylight
Keith Hudson - Brand
Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution
Elvis - Armed Forces
Various - Bali : Music from the Morning of the World
Gregory Isaacs - More Gregory
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Nic Jones- Unearthed
Nick Harper -Seed
Kilburn And The High Roads- Handsome
Roy Harper -Stormcock (gloriously remastered)
The Low Anthem - Oh My God, Charlie Darwin
ACR - To Each ....
23 Skidoo - Urban Gamelan
Comsat Angels - Waiting For A Miracle
Proxima
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Jun 15, 2010, 13:36
Hope you're liking Proxima Ian.

I've been re-visiting the Solus 3 album this week. I'm finding it even more enjoyable in the summer sunshine (when it is actually sunny that is)! It does seem to have a summer lilt to it.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jun 15, 2010, 13:56
Jun 15, 2010, 13:54
Squid Tempest wrote:
Hope you're liking Proxima Ian.

I've been re-visiting the Solus 3 album this week. I'm finding it even more enjoyable in the summer sunshine (when it is actually sunny that is)! It does seem to have a summer lilt to it.

Love Proxima. I think I briefly reviewed in Soundtracks a week or two back. One of the best HH releases. Up there with Spaceship Mark's first one (the superior prequel to his Cope sponsored release).

As for our one, thanks for the kind words (again) I think I am finally cottoning on to the fact that improvised music is pretty much a minority interest. Take the rock guitar out of the equation and it is a minority of a minority but hey it hasn't stopped Crater and their music is fab.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Jun 15, 2010, 14:04
IanB wrote:
As for our one, thanks for the kind words (again) I think I am finally cottoning on to the fact that improvised music is pretty much a minority interest. Take the rock guitar out of the equation and it is a minority of a minority but hey it hasn't stopped Crater and their music is fab.

Just because it is a minority interest doesn't mean it isn't great. And minorities can always increase, with a bit of luck. And a lot of effort!

I think it is great that there are so many "minority" type musicians and bands around here, we need all the solidarity we can get. Thinking about it I'd almost draw the conclusion there is a bit of a "scene" developing in these parts, which has got to be healthy for all concerned, despite the possible downsides of all getting pigeonholed together.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index