Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Re: Unsung Traffic?
Feb 16, 2010, 15:18
IanB wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
All this reminded me that I met Jim Capaldi briefly back in the 70s when he did a gig at our college. I just did a quick net search, but I can't work out what band he was playing with at the time - a "solo" show with other musicians is all I remember. He was really good.

*whilst looking at the Wiki, I notice that his first name was actually Nicola. Bet that went down well at school...

Brilliant. He had a bit of a Rock n Roll Rasputin look about him so maybe it was Nikolai?

I bought one of his solo records because I loved On The Road and he had all the members of Traffic AND Koss guesting on it. It was crap though. IIRC it's a sort of Dave Crosby lite record though I haven't heard it in 34 years. Dave Mason was probably much better at that kind of thing.

I wish I could remember more about the gig, but it is lost in the mists of time. I only remember enjoying it, and having a brief "hello, great gig" moment with Mr Capaldi afterwards. I'd like to know who was on stage with him. It would have been about 1977 I guess.

Unsung Forum Index