Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Name three music guilty pleasure albums.

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Name three music guilty pleasure alb
Sep 04, 2003, 11:19
"The Ups & Downs" - Stephen 'Tin Tin' Duffy.
"Bat Out Of Hell" - Meatloaf
"Tin Machine" - Tin Machine

Not really that guilty, mind. I'd be more embarassed if someone had found the Spacemen 3 album that I've recently managed to offload.
Eardrum
Eardrum
540 posts

Re: Woodentops
Sep 04, 2003, 12:23
LiveHypnobeatLive is probably my favourite live album, and still gets repeated plays
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Re: Name three music guilty pleasure albums.
Sep 04, 2003, 15:44
Welcome back, grufty! Where have you been?
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Sep 04, 2003, 15:50
1. 70% of my albums.

2. er...

3. That's it.
morfe lux
301 posts

Bah
Sep 04, 2003, 16:11
I had to give away all my LP's when I moved recently, I still count the one's I mis most as pleasures. Not guilty unfortunately, but definitely uncool.

Thomas Dolby, The Golden Age of Wireless.

I loved everything about that LP, the sleeve, the inner sleeve, the lyrics, especially 'Windpower', "Swith off the mind and let the body glide..", and Cloudburst At Shingle Street... "When I was small, I was in love, in love with everything.....and know there's only you." He was such a sudied geek, yet I was suckered by all that Boy's Own imagery, and his non-techno technical apporach to music. Then he moved to the US and made such monsters as The Car That Ate My Buick, which I also listened to a lot. Why? Dunno.

Uncool at no. 2 is:

B52's, that one with Love Shack and June Bug etc. Always reminded me of friends, summer breezey nights and not caring how much you drank, danced, laughed or made off with a naughty person.

No. 3, I shall say:

Drama, by Yes. 'Heart of The Sunrise', 'I am Camera', the latter was SO bad, yet I remember singing it : "iyammacamera..DO DOOH..camera..camera" Even doing the'Doo doo' (like a prog version of Betty Boo, ooh hang on, FWOWRAOOWL!! What a concept!) bit, like a tit.

grarghy.
morfe lux
301 posts

posted in wrong place.
Sep 04, 2003, 16:14
again, for what it's worth:

I had to give away all my LP's when I moved recently, I still count the one's I mis most as pleasures. Not guilty unfortunately, but definitely uncool.

Thomas Dolby, The Golden Age of Wireless.

I loved everything about that LP, the sleeve, the inner sleeve, the lyrics, especially 'Windpower', "Swith off the mind and let the body glide..", and Cloudburst At Shingle Street... "When I was small, I was in love, in love with everything.....and know there's only you." He was such a sudied geek, yet I was suckered by all that Boy's Own imagery, and his non-techno technical apporach to music. Then he moved to the US and made such monsters as The Car That Ate My Buick, which I also listened to a lot. Why? Dunno.

Uncool at no. 2 is:

B52's, that one with Love Shack and June Bug etc. Always reminded me of friends, summer breezey nights and not caring how much you drank, danced, laughed or made off with a naughty person.

No. 3, I shall say:

Drama, by Yes. 'Heart of The Sunrise', 'I am Camera', the latter was SO bad, yet I remember singing it : "iyammacamera..DO DOOH..camera..camera" Even doing the'Doo doo' (like a prog version of Betty Boo, ooh hang on, FWOWRAOOWL!! What a concept!) bit, like a tit.

grarghy.
marvel63
marvel63
146 posts

Re: Hello!
Sep 06, 2003, 00:50
Check again this list is exactly a year old.
espsummer
340 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 04:37
1. china crisis: flaunt the imperfection
2. wild swans: bringing home the ashes
3. lotus eaters: no sense of sin

guilty and yet to me brilliant!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 06, 2003, 09:26
Wow! I would've put the last two on my list if I thought of it. "Set Me Apart" by Lotus I always thought was classic. "Flaunt the Imperfection" really only had three songs I cared about and they're on a China Crisis best-of CD I've had for several years.
Leon Bevan
120 posts

Re: Wreckless Eric
Sep 06, 2003, 21:21
I saw Wreckless Eric a couple of months ago at The Witchwood in Ashton- he was on for two and a half hours!
It was fantastic to witness a man and a guitar keeping the packed house enthralled with songs old and new, not to mention his brilliant story telling.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index