Topic View: Flat | Threaded
1001realapes
1001realapes
2387 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 20 December 2009 CE
Dec 21, 2009, 00:08
a23 wrote:
No been hearing much this week

Did get Hellvete's new LP - "De Gok" - he being one of the key players in Sylvester Anfang ii - very enjoyable it is too

Also gave Dredd Foole a spin - "songs to despond ya" and "a long, losing battle" - always good to hear Dan going on a rant

Hawkwind - Quark - (the remastered expanded cd set) was off seeing them on Friday night and had to listen to this on the way there and back

13 Floor Elevators - easter everywhere

John Coltrane meditations - now this is just a bit too much unstructured noise for me (mostly)

Also - some Bach whilst putting up the xmas tree...

Have you heard First Meditations For Quartet ?

I like that one a good bit better.
1001realapes
1001realapes
2387 posts

Dec 21, 2009, 00:08
Charles Mingus : The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady
a23
a23
1004 posts

Dec 21, 2009, 00:28
1001realapes wrote:

Have you heard First Meditations For Quartet ?

I like that one a good bit better.

No - I got one of the impulse box sets which has the meditations record on it - haven't had the time to hear the others on that set yet.
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Dec 21, 2009, 00:34
Sorry to hear of your loss.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

That is a very fine selection of music too.
I especially love Espers at the moment.
BUBBLEHEAD
BUBBLEHEAD
982 posts

Dec 21, 2009, 05:21
Only played SP50 and SP60 once so far ( it only arrived on Thursday ). Some tracks almost sound fully formed but differ considerably from the final mix, others just sketches or building blocks for the finished songs. I think it gives a really good insight into the creative processes behind the majestic finished article too, so yes, i reckon it's worth a punt even though effectively £28 is a bit steep for 2 CD's of outtakes!

It should be noted that any objectivity i may have had was left behind in Row H on Weds night though. As for the blister packed original CD, that's remaining sealed for ever and a day. BTW, pleased to read you had a similar experience to Ian and I at The Sage the other night.

As for the Gravetemple disc, there was such a scrum at the merch stall in Brum that i didn't ask all the questions i should have. Did see something with Gravetemple style artwork that was going for £25 IIRC with a note on it saying Attila would be signing copies after the show but thought that was a bit steep and as i'd already spent £30 i give it a miss + had a 100 mile drive home afterwards and wasn't prepared to hang about anyway. Incidentally, said disc wasn't on sale at the Gravetemple bash at the ICA in Nov when i might have investigated further.
BUBBLEHEAD
BUBBLEHEAD
982 posts

Dec 21, 2009, 06:39
Very sorry to read about your loss Redfish, please accept my sincere condolences. It's never easy dealing with illness and death but losing a loved one so suddenly is tough indeed. With time the sadness will be tempered by fond memories so here's wishing you all the very best over the coming weeks and months.
BUBBLEHEAD
BUBBLEHEAD
982 posts

Dec 21, 2009, 06:45
And to complete the set i'll admit to having a bit of a fiddle with my little red one.

The pitch modulator's great fun !
BUBBLEHEAD
BUBBLEHEAD
982 posts

Dec 21, 2009, 06:48
As always i enjoyed reading your comments Popel but have gotta say, what a gorgeous cat that is in your avatar, in fact i'm really quite jealous !
machineryelf
3681 posts

Dec 21, 2009, 06:49
BUBBLEHEAD wrote:

As for the Gravetemple disc, there was such a scrum at the merch stall in Brum that i didn't ask all the questions i should have. Did see something with Gravetemple style artwork that was going for £25 IIRC with a note on it saying Attila would be signing copies after the show but thought that was a bit steep and as i'd already spent £30 i give it a miss + had a 100 mile drive home afterwards and wasn't prepared to hang about anyway. Incidentally, said disc wasn't on sale at the Gravetemple bash at the ICA in Nov when i might have investigated further.

£25 for a cdr ho-hum-Sometimes I think Mr OMalley pushes the outer limits of merchandising, couldn't have stood £25 myself so I don't feel so bad now, and would rather had Oracle.
The reason they were on sale mail order for a more acceptable 14.99 was they didn't get through customs in time for the Gravetemple show

I'll just wait for it to turn up on SOMAs discogs site for 50 euros and then curse the gods of merchandising, or hopefully wait for a Japanese Daymare issue
machineryelf
3681 posts

Dec 21, 2009, 06:53
very sorry to hear that, condolences to your & yours
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index