Unsung Forum »
Yikes! It's Alanis Morrisette...

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Yikes! It's Alanis Morrisette...
Nov 14, 2009, 04:01
If Dodge can talk shit about Yoko, I can do the same for Alanis. If she looked as ugly as she sang, no one would have even heard of her, I'm sure...

About the only thing worse is Annie DiFranco (who I hear all her lesbian fans now denounce her for marrying a man. You heard it here first!)
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Re: Yikes! It's Alanis Morrisette...
Nov 14, 2009, 04:22
They got nuthin' on YoKo.
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Nov 14, 2009, 10:14
I don't mind Alanis Morrisette that much, me. I think her stuff is dreadfully dated though and sounds out of place now we're out of the mid nineties. Fine if you want to drunkenly reminisce about the previous decade and remember with a wry smile your antics during those times but in terms of serious music then no. She hasn't stood the test of time and, now that I think of it, some of her stuff was downright annoying.

Not keen on Yoko either though, to be honest, but each to their own.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Nov 14, 2009, 11:36
Nov 14, 2009, 11:35
Lawrence wrote:

About the only thing worse is Annie DiFranco (who I hear all her lesbian fans now denounce her for marrying a man. You heard it here first!)

I don't mind Alanis too much. Wouldn't listen to her, but she does 'neurosis-chic' better than most.

A few no' bad tunes.

'Ani Difranco' however comes across as a right feckin (predictable) eejit.

All part of that Lilith Fair nonsense, right?

Or at least riddled with that mentality.

Alanis don't do that at least, I believe.

:-)
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Alanis Morrisette...
Nov 14, 2009, 12:03
..lives in the drawer of Lord Lucan's old desk.

Fact.

:o)
zerkalo
zerkalo
488 posts

Edited Nov 14, 2009, 15:40
Nov 14, 2009, 15:39
the only thing more irritating than Alanis Morrisette is that Irish comedian (whose name escapes me right now) when he does that routine about her "Ironic" record
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Nov 14, 2009, 16:10
Would that be Ed Byrne? Don't mind him. Or was it Patrick Kielty? Not so keen on him.
zerkalo
zerkalo
488 posts

Nov 14, 2009, 16:52
Daminxa wrote:
Would that be Ed Byrne? Don't mind him. Or was it Patrick Kielty? Not so keen on him.

Ed Byrne, that's him!, his "Ironic" routine makes my toes curl, he might be alright otherwise, although he's on that Mock the Week program also which is truly the pits, and don't get me started on Frankie Boyle, oh dear
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Nov 14, 2009, 16:58
Do you not like Frankie Boyle? Don't mind him either, or Mock the Week (although I think it's a little tired now - tv channels just don't know when to stop a good thing, less is sometimes more...)
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Nov 14, 2009, 17:25
Nov 14, 2009, 17:23
Can't stand Frankie Boyle. He's a depressing vacuum. All negative bile and posturing that's very lucrative. Biting no holds barred cutting incite with genuiune message..Bill Hicks. He's the governor. He's yer man.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index