Unsung Forum »
"Horrorcore".... what next?

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Re:
Oct 08, 2009, 17:08
OK. It's just I think you tend to cast too much judgement on peoples' beliefs, and that's not a healthy habit to get into. I don't like militant Christianity any more than I like militant atheism. I have friends who are Christian, friends who are atheist. A long time ago I was a Satanist who was intolerant of Christianity but now looking back on it I think that was pretty absurd. You really can't base your life on an intolerant attitude like that...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 08, 2009, 17:09
stray wrote:
No. no it wasn't. It was pretty much still an imperialist campaign, expanding a power base, an economic base, and to some extent an attempt to wrest control from Rome over europe.

Hmmm. I guess I better brush up on my history...
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Oct 08, 2009, 17:10
Lawrence wrote:
OK. It's just I think you tend to cast too much judgement on peoples' beliefs, and that's not a healthy habit to get into. I don't like militant Christianity any more than I like militant atheism. I have friends who are Christian, friends who are atheist. A long time ago I was a Satanist who was intolerant of Christianity but now looking back on it I think that was pretty absurd. You really can't base your life on an intolerant attitude like that...

Who says I'm intolerant? I'll get you for that, you see if I don't!!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 08, 2009, 17:13
I hope you're not serious. I really didn't mean any harm...
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

No. Most of the people he had murdered had nothing to do religion, as least not actively. He didn't like religion because it represented a threat to his cult of personality. Franco on the other hand used Catholicism to bolster his power when ever he could.

Stalin didn't muder millions 'cos he was an athiest or in the name of atheism, he did it cos he was a cunt.

x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Edited Oct 08, 2009, 17:15
Lawrence wrote:
I hope you're not serious. I really didn't mean any harm...

haha! read it again - I was being "intolerant"!

Edit: so, just to make it clear, no, I wasn't being serious.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 08, 2009, 17:15
I know.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re:
Oct 08, 2009, 17:40
ToneStone wrote:
Aye but the problem is the majority of them are "fanatics"

By what standard?

I don't think most Xtians are any more fanatical than anyone else. What do you mean by fanatic? That they are deists? There are plenty of them out there who don't bother anyone.

I don't think religion is the real problem. If a particular branch of religion is a problem, it's due to the underlying tribalism that the religion is hanging on.

Tribalism predates religion by millions of years, and it's all you need to initiate hostilities.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Re:
Oct 08, 2009, 17:45
handofdave wrote:
ToneStone wrote:
Aye but the problem is the majority of them are "fanatics"

By what standard?

I don't think most Xtians are any more fanatical than anyone else. What do you mean by fanatic? That they are deists? There are plenty of them out there who don't bother anyone.

I don't think religion is the real problem. If a particular branch of religion is a problem, it's due to the underlying tribalism that the religion is hanging on.

Tribalism predates religion by millions of years, and it's all you need to initiate hostilities.

Is it not safe to say that the majority of Christians are anti-homosexuality? Even the ones who aren't actively homophobic (IYSWIM)? And anti-abortion? Given the number of Catholics, I assume that the anti-abortion portion is in the majority.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Re:
Oct 08, 2009, 17:51
Dave, Your trying to reason with a NinComPoop. I had it completely RIGHT at the beginning. It is about the harboring of HATE. If you continue on with our Intellectual Giant, you will be met with "FUCK OFF YA CUNT".
There's the decide. Right There.
He is an odd sort, on the one hand Full of despicable hate for a group of people based on there religous predilictions, and yet not loath at all to sneer you off with the most loathsome aspect of it. The Devil.
A simple sort, i'd say. The kind of guy you see at soccer matches in mass brawls for the love of the HOME team. And the HATRED of the other.
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index