Hahahahahaha

I think they are playing your song darling

http://www.limmy.com/playthings/xylophone/
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: Re:
Oct 08, 2009, 15:07
That's a pretty harsh indictment of millions of people based on one subjective experience. I'm sorry your personal exposure to it was toxic, but that does not mean that there are people who call themselves Xtians that match your description.

I am a secular person, for the most part... I don't know about the rest... I don't call it religion, whatever it may be. But I don't have any intense hatred for people who find comfort in some belief system, as long as their actions aren't harming me or someone else. Why should I? That kind of hate is toxic to carry around.

Do you hate the vast majority of the human race? Because by your 'fairy tale' argument you'd have to, since agnostics and atheists comprise the minority.

There's no inherent conflict between science and religion. There's bad examples of both, but as long as they are understood to have their roles in dealing with first the material world, and second the ethical/cultural/spiritual world, there's no reason why there should be so much bad blood.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Oct 08, 2009, 15:12
ToneStone wrote:
Hahahahahaha

I think they are playing your song darling

http://www.limmy.com/playthings/xylophone/

Yes....."I'm a Fucking Cunt"

A perfect crescendo to our "LITTLE" conversation.
ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

Oct 08, 2009, 15:13
It was fun but hey ho nuns to go and rape and churches to burn

The devils work is never done it seems \m/
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re:
Oct 08, 2009, 15:53
Jim Tones wrote:
Lawrence wrote:

Yeah, I know Michael Moynihan isn't popular here, but even he thought Varg's racial BS went too far, which tells you something...

Also, eventhough Moynihan appeared on 'Music, Martinis & Mysanthropy", I don't think he got the irony, wit and wind-up humour of Rice and Pearce.

Not that it has anything to do with what we were talking about, of course... Moynihan seems to be moving away from that stuff anyways.

He is pretty intense live though -- managed to see him in NYC, and he was trying to do something shamanic and it was pretty convincing I'd say. The crowd at that show was pretty weird though -- kinda like a masquerade ball and one big Satanist guy gave me the evil eye for some reason(!) I would've liked seeing one of Moynihan's early "Coup De Grace" performances if I had a time machine, though...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re:
Oct 08, 2009, 15:57
I used to hate Christians but I stopped caring. Why should I hate out of a belief, especially since most Christians are benign people anyways? If you said you hate Christian fanatics that would be more understandable, right?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Edited Oct 08, 2009, 16:05
Re:
Oct 08, 2009, 16:01
handofdave wrote:
ToneStone wrote:
maybe not funny but i hate fucking christians

Do you hate them, or do you hate the collectivized image you have in your mind of them? How many do you know personally?

I've found that, in general, the people I know who are religious are not really any more or less intolerant or judgemental than the people who aren't. I don't run in any fundamentalist circles, of course, but they are just an extreme branch of a much bigger and more complicated belief system. There are a lot of different sorts of Christians.

And that 'only good one is a dead one' line has traditionally been used by the worst sort of racists... it's a good candidate for retirement, don't you think?

I think alot of those militant atheists have become more hateful than any fundamentalist Christian could ever be. And some of the worst dictatorships were exclusively atheist ones...
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Edited Oct 08, 2009, 16:17
Oct 08, 2009, 16:15
handofdave wrote:
as long as their actions aren't harming me or someone else.

the trouble is they do harm other people - repression, religious wars, anti-abortion pronouncements, homophobic sentiments...

Religions almost always try to impose their world view upon non-believers, so why should non-believers put up with that?

Hatred may not be the most positive reaction to that, but in the face of the hatred pumped out by the worlds religions, it's pretty small fry.
ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

Oct 08, 2009, 16:17
Amen ;)
ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

Re:
Oct 08, 2009, 16:21
Aye but the problem is the majority of them are "fanatics"