Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Jun 26, 2009, 14:32
Re: Michael Jackson's dead
Jun 26, 2009, 14:30
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:

Personally I'd like to hear Neil Young do a medley of 'Billie Jean' and 'Can't Seem To Make You Mine.'

He's covered "Pushin' Too Hard" before, you know, so the latter scenario may not be as unlikely as it might initially appear.

Bearing in mind that video he shot for "This Note's For You" in which a Michael Jacksopn lookalike has his hair accidentally set on fire and doused by Coca-Cola, though, I don't get the impression he was the world's biggest Jacko fan. But then he seems to change his political views as often as most people change their socks (remember all those pro-Reagan interviews back in the mid-80s, not to mention that "I don't want faggots handling my potatoes" comment in Melody Maker?), so his musical tastes might be just as fickle.

I'll be watching him live on TV from the comfort of my own home, with my own (non-overpriced) beer and spliff, personally.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Jun 26, 2009, 14:50
dave clarkson wrote:
that's like comparing John Coltrane to the queen mum!

Not so sure. Her 1976 recording of Naima is considered one of the classic versions.
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Jun 26, 2009, 14:54
Not heard that one but no doubt it exists somewhere in blog land.

8)
Renoir
31 posts

Jun 26, 2009, 14:58
I agree too !
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Jun 26, 2009, 14:58
The pair of you haven't lived until you've heard Frank Bough's stirring rendition of TG's "Something Came over Me"

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41999000/jpg/_41999438_1986_frank_sal_pax416.jpg
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Text after Text...
Jun 26, 2009, 15:03
Well, I received over 20 text messages earlier this morning- all jokes about MJ's death- bloody hell, he's hardly cold and everyone has been busy it seems...

...then I later discovered that a good portion of said texts are coming from Glastonbury or have originated from therein!

...and NO I'm not repeating any!
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Jun 26, 2009, 17:05
dave clarkson wrote:

Off the Wall is one of the greats.

I couldn't agree more. I wore the grooves smooth on that LP years ago, along with the leather off the soles of my dancing shoes.

Marvellous stuff.

And those early Jackson 5 albums are as FUNKY AS FUCK!

Poor old Jacko. When Jermaine and Latoya did Big Brother they seemed like just really nice people. And surprisingly well-balanced. Underneath all Michael's eccentricity, gloss and celebrity, there was probably just a nice bloke, too; just too lonely, afraid and deluded to help himself. I think it's a shame.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jun 26, 2009, 17:41
Yup. Like Elvis he was removed from the company and possible influence of normal folk at an early age. He didn't really stand a chance. Some of the exploitative showbiz leeches are little better than battery farmers.

He was horrified when it transpired that his handful of London shows had been hiked to a daunting fifty!
redbarchetta
redbarchetta
335 posts

Edited Jun 26, 2009, 20:59
Jun 26, 2009, 20:58
Can I just say that I love this forum? I think the bulk of the stuff people have said about Jackson has been fundamentally kind and well considered.

I'm on my fourth glass of wine, btw.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jun 26, 2009, 21:21
There's a story being batted about some news pages that Jackson's personal 'physician' administered a painkilling injection hours before the heart attack. The doctor's whereabouts is currently unknown.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index