Michael Jackson's dead

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
radagast
radagast
264 posts

Re: Michael Jackson's dead
Jun 26, 2009, 23:58
The king is gone but not forgotten - why do these words seem so unfitting in Michael Jackson's case?

The so-called king of pop stood for a lot of developments in music and lifestyle I learned to abhor right from the early eighties - sterile mainstream pop, easy listening for the masses, loss of musical substance...
To his benefit I must say he seemed rather a victim of circumstances - would be stupid to hold him responsible for the ugly eighties alone, but at least he was a part of it. Not a very happy part as it seems.

In musical terms he created a kinda kid's version of James Brown's grooves & shouts - not the worst inspiration to begin with. And even the divine Miles himself adopted the Jackson sound after 85. Shame on him...

what remains - a broken spirit, a world on the edge of disaster. And he knew it...
ron
ron
706 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2009, 02:08
Re: the king is dead...
Jun 27, 2009, 02:08
sorry... dave...

uuhmmm... yeah... i was serious... my brother jon's post was wickedly spot on...

off to grab some jesus juice...

x
x
x
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2009, 08:10
Jun 27, 2009, 02:40
Removed as my Lady thought my comments offensive..
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2009, 04:15
Jun 27, 2009, 03:44
"To his benefit I must say he seemed rather a victim of circumstances - would be stupid to hold him responsible for the ugly eighties alone, but at least he was a part of it. Not a very happy part as it seems."

...that's kind of you.

"In musical terms he created a kinda kid's version of James Brown's grooves & shouts - not the worst inspiration to begin with. And even the divine Miles himself adopted the Jackson sound after 85. Shame on him..."

....yeah shame on him - misinformed eh?

"what remains - a broken spirit, a world on the edge of disaster. And he knew it..."

.. MJ was about magic, romance and the reflection of the moon of your pyjamas.
Not disaster, decay and broken spirits - leave that to the bands mentioned on unsung.

8)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jun 30, 2009, 15:02
I think it's sad end to a totally fractured life. Some great tunes but he'd become damaged goods. Part of me wanted to him to really blow us away with a comeback and just be a great performer again instead of a freak-show.

Too many people saying "Yes Michael, that's a really good idea" and keeping the Jackson machine going if they stood to make money out of it. Too many lawyers, too many quacks and not enough people saying "Michael, take time out, I really think you need some help"

I've heard he'd already arranged for his body to be be plastinated and put on display by Gunther Von Hagens. If it's true it's almost fitting - freak-show to the very end.

RIP Jacko. Hope you're happier.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index