Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2009, 11:17
Re: The worst CD ever?
Feb 09, 2009, 11:08
This is odd

When I saw the title of the post and before clicking the link, I thought of one album that someone used to play at work on the cassette player circa 1980 - that horrid sounding piece of shite was.....

"Spanish Train & Other Stories" by yup....Chris De Burgh!

The actual 'Spanish Train' track, really has to be heard, it's so terrrible it's beyond belief- the 'lyrics' involve someone playing cards with the devil on a train and the way it's sung is so cringe-inducing that I'm speechless, they used to play this crap every week for about 6 months
:-[ ]

Images of this De Burgh fellow are cropping up all over the place recently and it's scary -

To top it all, a barmaid in a pub in Mold mentioned his name when I was out with our own Keith A recently-
There was a photo on the bar wall of the late Dudley Moore and another chappie, I asked was it the owner's Dad pictured alongside Dud, the girl replied in a very short tone- "er.....it's not Dudley Moore, it's actually Chris De Burgh!"

Of course it wasn't, as it was later confirmed that it was Dud and James Galway (legendary shifty-eyed flautist), but the shock of hearing the De Burgh name and the following days remembering the 'Spanish Train' torture, this all really spooked me out!

Chris De Burgh is scary!!

aaaaaarrrrrrrgh !!!!!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index